Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: Baylor lands local star wide receiver Monaray Baldwin

December 1, 2020
12,785

On Tuesday morning Baylor received a commitment from Killeen (TX) Shoemaker 2021 wide receiver Monaray Baldwin‍. The commitment came less than 24 hours after the Bears extended an offer to the local star.

The 5’10, 170-pound prospect has put up a total of 1,125 yards and 13 total touchdowns during his senior season as he has helped lead Shoemaker to a 7-2 record. Within those total yards are 360 rushing yards and 756 receiving. 

Baldwin has averaged 16.5 yards per touch during his senior seaosn.

On the track Baldwin posted a 10.66-second mark in the 100-meters as a junior last spring. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor lands local star wide receiver Monaray Baldwin

5,695 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BUBear24
The Hound
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking
Baylor University class of 2014
Aberzombie1892
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking


Baylor's 2021 average rating per recruit is currently the 2nd highest such rating in the tracking era according to 247 - with the highest being Rhule's 2018 class - so let's not start worrying about it too much at this time.
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even with an angle no one could catch him when he was running for his many touchdowns. Happy to have him as a bear.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking
Watch the film

10.6 100 meter
4.49 laser 40
7.13 3 cone laser

Presley was a loss, let's see who replaces him.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Also, you're going to see kids pop up on the radar due to these reasons:

1) No camps this summer
2) Film evaluation doesn't equal an offer
3) Need off the field verified
4) Senior risers
5) Injuries in 2019
6) Topping out in 2019 or getting better in 2020?
rlcooper450
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can't coach speed, said CAB
BearFan33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man he's just running away from people. He's very shifty with a burst.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
rlcooper450 said:

You can't coach speed, said CAB


You have it or you're chasing it.
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very elusive with plenty of SPEED. I like it, l like it alot.
JP1037
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To put this in perspective... 10.6 100M is top 10 or top 20 in the state of Texas in the 100M in most years.

And that includes kids who just focus on track and not football. I am guessing he is top 5 in terms of speed in Texas as a football player.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome Monaray!

He had me at "Baylor University"
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

Welcome Monaray!

He had me at "Baylor University"
Exactly, he chose us over the University of Baylor - i'm sold.
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like another Sqwirl. How about that QB that was getting him the ball? Where's he headed?
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
ImABearToo said:

Looks like another Sqwirl. How about that QB that was getting him the ball? Where's he headed?
5-9 150 on the QB
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never mind. Moving on.
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking

You and Timbear need to hang out.
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have several receivers we recruited with great speed, but have no idea how to use it to get open and if they did, they drop the ball. That's why they are on the sidelines and people ask every week, "why isn't so-and-so playing? He's fast!"

I'm more impressed that it looks like he has decent hands.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:



Honest question was this a desperation move after losing Masters/Presley/Daniels and with Terry transferring? Not to mention he stated we just started talking to him a week ago so it doesn't seem like he was a top priority.
BUBear24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

boognish_bear said:



Honest question was this a desperation move after losing Masters/Presley/Daniels and with Terry transferring? Not to mention he stated we just started talking to him a week ago so it doesn't seem like he was a top priority.


I would say it's a trade off for Roderick, who yes is the higher rated stars. But I suppose all well do now is see how both turn out on college. The stars matter but I believe personally they matter more so in the trenches where truly great OL and DL are hard to come by.

Also the Yusef news has been known for a couple weeks now. I imagine a kid from the NE that doesn't have a staff that is from that area, perhaps frustrated or not, may just want to go back home. Where he'll land is somewhere close by where he's from. I think he'll see an old familiar face..
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

boognish_bear said:



Honest question was this a desperation move after losing Masters/Presley/Daniels and with Terry transferring? Not to mention he stated we just started talking to him a week ago so it doesn't seem like he was a top priority.
A desperation move? No. When you miss on one target, you move onto another. That's how recruiting works.

Time will tell whether Baldwin is a sleeper or not. But when you have a hole at a position and and an available scholarship to give, you try to find someone who fits what you want to do schematically. That's all this is.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:




Lol. Now this is what you call BS. Creative ways with the shot show offense we keep throwing out there each week. I'll believe it when I see it
Shakesbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kid's got some Corey Coleman in him Welcome!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aberzombie1892 said:

The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking


Baylor's 2021 average rating per recruit is currently the 2nd highest such rating in the tracking era according to 247 - with the highest being Rhule's 2018 class - so let's not start worrying about it too much at this time.
If this is true, and I have no reason to think this isn't reliable information, that is good to hear.
BUBear24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking


Baylor's 2021 average rating per recruit is currently the 2nd highest such rating in the tracking era according to 247 - with the highest being Rhule's 2018 class - so let's not start worrying about it too much at this time.
If this is true, and I have no reason to think this isn't reliable information, that is good to hear.


You don't have to be a member there to look at recruit rankings.
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUBear24 said:

PartyBear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking


Baylor's 2021 average rating per recruit is currently the 2nd highest such rating in the tracking era according to 247 - with the highest being Rhule's 2018 class - so let's not start worrying about it too much at this time.
If this is true, and I have no reason to think this isn't reliable information, that is good to hear.


You don't have to be a member there to look at recruit rankings.


Well Rhule 2018 team class is currently has 2 wins so that's not saying much
BUBear24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ImwithBU said:

BUBear24 said:

PartyBear said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

The Hound said:

As I said before my post apparently got deleted, I'm sure the coaches see something on film but this does not make up for losing Hal Presley and Rodrick Daniels. It's just my opinion but I don't like the current downward trajectory our recruiting is taking


Baylor's 2021 average rating per recruit is currently the 2nd highest such rating in the tracking era according to 247 - with the highest being Rhule's 2018 class - so let's not start worrying about it too much at this time.
If this is true, and I have no reason to think this isn't reliable information, that is good to hear.


You don't have to be a member there to look at recruit rankings.


Well Rhule 2018 team class is currently has 2 wins so that's not saying much


I know you're a former player. Do you think that's the players or what they're being taught. Or having to relearn in a new system.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.