Ozark (spoiler alert)

1,350 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RegentCoverup
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those who have seen it. What did you think about the ending? I thought it disappointing actually as my initial reaction.
saabing bear
Haven't seen it yet. Does everyone die a horrible death like they deserve?
PartyBear
Well right now I don't want to ruin it for folks. So I won't go into details unless folks who have seen it come here and are ready to comment. I was hoping more folks binge watched the whole thing like we did by now lol.
SSadler
Enjoyed the series.

Disappointed in the ending and overall last episodes.

Introduction of the "preacher dad" character added nothing of great import, and his character was not well played; rather weak character in fact.

I would have been glad to wait for a next season, but with the strongest character in the 4 years no longer available for more plot development, now I'm not sure what another season would have to offer without starting all over with a new protagnist (if that's what any of the leads could be called).

Hurry up Yellowstone + its spinoffs.
BaylorTaxman
I was initially disappointed by the ending but rewatched last episode and feel better about it. But I still think the wrong people died.

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy nailed the endings. GoT and Ozarkā€¦..not so much.
PartyBear
Agree Breaking Bad had a great ending. I thought there would be a lot of drama and action suddenly develop in the last 15 or so minutes of the finale of Oxark. For those who have seen it know what I'm talking about what I thought would have spurred it on. Instead they just let what happens happens and then the very final scene was just sort of pointless and lame with a copy cat from the Sopranos to some degree in which the viewer doesn't really know what happened with that final gun shot.
Ghostrider
Has anyone counted how many times the word fu<k is used in the series? Greater or less than 5000?
Coke Bear
BaylorTaxman said:

I was initially disappointed by the ending but rewatched last episode and feel better about it. But I still think the wrong people died.

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy nailed the endings. GoT and Ozarkā€¦..not so much.
I would agree with you about the wrong people dying. I haven't watch BB or SoA, but I agree with you about GoT and Ozark endings. Really, the last season didn't need 14 episodes. I would have wrote the ending differently.

Overall, I loved the series.
Proud 1992 Alum
Any finale looks good compared to GoT. Its ending sucked which was sad given the incredible achievement that series was. Not sure why Marty was so loyal to Wendy. I came to despise her. The gun shot at the end was dumb. All they needed to do was take away the "urn" and dump it in the lake. No way Jonah shoots the private detective. He was the least loyal family member and was still a juvenile so no personal risk of consequences. I actually liked Marty a lot. He still had a conscience even after being exposed to so much evil and was willing to do prison time in exchange for witness protection for his family. Wendy, on the other hand, couldn't be happy with safety and a normal life. She had to have money and political power and kept putting them all at risk pursuing it. Would definitely recommend Ozark.
PartyBear
Yeahā€¦.the private detective was basically about exposing the betrayal of Jonah's uncle (Wendy's brother) who he was close to and bitter about. So it would make no sense he would come out and kill that dude. But then Wendy and even Marty leave the show with a disturbing expression of "that a boy execute this guy son". Right after they are feeling bad about standing by and letting Ruth get executed. You kind of do hope the shot was Jonah ending the solving uncle's murder and exposing Wendy by going ahead and whacking her. But who knows the ending just wasn't very good closure.
Aliceinbubbleland
Finished the series last night and did not like the ending. Writers seem stretched for ideas in sequels after three years.

The last season of Yellowstone was poorly written in a lot of places.. Ozark did not but the ending was ****ed up to borrow a phrase
Aliceinbubbleland
While watching the series I was surprised at the beauty of the scenery in Ozarks. I've been to the area in Missouri a few times and nothing like that resembled the Netflix location.

Sure enough a quick Google search shows it was filmed in and around Atlanta on Lake Altoona and Lake Lanier.

Looks like a great spot to retire.
Ghostrider
I wonder how many people have vacationed at the Ozarks bc of this show. Haha
RegentCoverup
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Finished the series last night and did not like the ending. Writers seem stretched for ideas in sequels after three years.

The last season of Yellowstone was poorly written in a lot of places.. Ozark did not but the ending was ****ed up to borrow a phrase
Bateman directed one, she directed the others.

it was confused but this is sort of typical of the Hollywood, now Netflix funding model where they blow out the writing budget when the show is sort of on the ropes. Four seasons was plenty but this is sort of like building a car by committee. You lose all originality and creativity by making it a group discussion.

Much of my complaints with the worthless final season was that many of the scenarios were simply not realistic or plausible. The executive producer in this was the cartel and they have become predictable in their ruthlessness and practice.

Bottom line, it wasn't believable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.