Yellowstone Season 5

2,405 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harrison Bergeron
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dropped yesterday. Season 4 kind of dragged along as it progressed. I hope this "political" story isn't overplayed. I guess the Ranch is now the Office.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The season premiere was a little sluggish. We didn't even get to see anybody go to the train station!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Bexar Pitts
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The season premiere was a little sluggish. We didn't even get to see anybody go to the train station!
We did get a little recap of Jamie's dad gettin' his ticket punched...( or was that on the replay of last season's finale?) Dayum...sunday mental football fatigue..too much Red Zone!
TenBears
Watched an hour, got a little bored, which saddened me. Bad feeling. Hoping im wrong and Digging back in tonight.
SSadler
I enjoyed rewatching the seasons as they are posted on Paramount+ streaming site.

Any of you know how long it might taked for last Sunday's 2 hour show and todays episode 3 to post? Where ?
beardoc
On a related note, the spinoff of 1883 about the first black US marshal will start filming in Strawn and Gordon in the next few months. They are going to redo a lot of the facades of old buildings and other things.
Bexar Pitts
beardoc said:

On a related note, the spinoff of 1883 about the first black US marshal will start filming in Strawn and Gordon in the next few months. They are going to redo a lot of the facades of old buildings and other things.
That's pretty close to Stranger's home turf...They should give him at least a cameo part! Wouldn't surprise me at all if he knows Taylor Sheridan well enough to ask..
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Kinda looking like Jamie may be heading to the train station.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Boring season. I expect Jaimie to turn on the lady.
drahthaar
Bexar Pitts said:

beardoc said:

That's pretty close to Stranger's home turf...They should give him at least a cameo part! Wouldn't surprise me at all if he knows Taylor Sheridan well enough to ask..

He'd be good in that.

BTW, Stranger is recuperating from some involved surgery.
BellCountyBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Or…plot twist…maybe Beth gets taken to the station!
FLBear5630
Mitch Blood Green said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Funny, my wife (who was raised on a Dairy Farm) loved this season because it shows more of the life stuff. I find 1923 more interesting right now.

Lady definitely deserves being turned on.
Bexar Pitts
drahthaar said:

Bexar Pitts said:

beardoc said:

He'd be good in that.

BTW, Stranger is recuperating from some involved surgery.
Just saw your post..Thanks for the note on Stranger..
SSadler
Best wishes for Stranger.
SSadler
Mitch Blood Green said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Seemed to me that in the shower scene and followup in Jaime's office "the lady" is doing the "turning".

Aside: "the lady" had a role in 1883, but makeup artists and contexts are amazing. I would never have noticed based simply on visual/audio alone.
Tempus Edax Rerum
Who dies? Beth or Jamie?
FLBear5630
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?
If Beth dies, Jamie dies. Rip will see to that... It may be a Greek tragedy that Sheridan is writing! All of Costner's kids dying and the land going to the Rez... Kaycee being the only one that gets away.
Robert Wilson
RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?
If Beth dies, Jamie dies. Rip will see to that... It may be a Greek tragedy that Sheridan is writing! All of Costner's kids dying and the land going to the Rez... Kaycee being the only one that gets away.
Interesting. Land goes to the rez with childless Rip as caretaker...

Kayce's wife took a little turn back towards the ranch last episode, and she and John are bonding. Be interesting to see what they do with that. Could be part and parcel of what you forecasted.
FLBear5630
Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?

Kayce's wife took a little turn back towards the ranch last episode, and she and John are bonding. Be interesting to see what they do with that. Could be part and parcel of what you forecasted.
By the way, 1923 is great. We are actually enjoying more than 1883 or Yellowstone.
Robert Wilson
RMF5630 said:

Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?

By the way, 1923 is great. We are actually enjoying more than 1883 or Yellowstone.
I'm only one episode in - liked it and will keep going. The cast is crazy good.

I'm sure it's been discussed on here, but Sheridan is a Bosque County boy - from Cranfills Gap area.
FLBear5630
Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?

I'm sure it's been discussed on here, but Sheridan is a Bosque County boy - from Cranfills Gap area.
He knows how to write a Western.
Robert Wilson
RMF5630 said:

Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Robert Wilson said:

RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?

He knows how to write a Western.
No doubt. Sicario was darn good, too. Wind River and Hell or High Water might or might not be classified as westerns, but also both excellent.

Guy likes Cormac McCarthy, Larry McMurtry, and Coen Bros, so he chose some great influences.
BaylorGuy314
I really don't like Beth or Jamie. Those characters alone make me not want to watch the show.

I respected Beth early on because of her dont-take-nothing-from-nobody attitude but she's mostly become just a b.

I sympathized with Jamie earlier in the series because of the pressure the family put on him, the amount of crap Beth threw at him, and his lack of family support but now he's just a self serving a-hole.

Tempus Edax Rerum
RMF5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?
Great point!
Mitch Blood Green
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Who dies? Beth or Jamie?

Neither. They both want to save the ranch. I sense the difference between Jaimie and me is I've always been down for women.
SSadler
Jamie's character is so weak and predictable that he needs to go--by death or by "back to Harvard",

Beth's character will take on a new sense of urgency and story line once Jamie is gone.

I get tired of the whole "train station" motif since it takes the whole series in the direction of disbelivability (same with "cutting out the heart" of the old rival).

I need less development of the two teenager's story lines. The series does not need that new generation.
FLBear5630
SSadler said:

Jamie's character is so weak and predictable that he needs to go--by death or by "back to Harvard",

Beth's character will take on a new sense of urgency and story line once Jamie is gone.

I get tired of the whole "train station" motif since it takes the whole series in the direction of disbelivability (same with "cutting out the heart" of the old rival).

I need less development of the two teenager's story lines. The series does not need that new generation.
The Train Station was explained as a jurisdictional anomaly, which I found interesting. Here is an excerpt on it. Didn't know it was based on a real place.

" based on the Zone of Death. The region is a 50-square-mile section of Yellowstone National Park. While a majority of the park is located in Wyoming, a small portion falls in Idaho. It has a Constitutional loophole allowing a person to get away with murder, at least on paper. Like the Train Station, the Zone of Death is also uninhabited and does not have a sheriff.

The Sixth amendment in the US Constitution gives an accused the right to demand a trial by jury in federal cases such as murder or kidnapping. However, since the Zone of Death is technically a part of Wyoming, its district courts deal with cases from the region. Nonetheless, since no one lives within 50 miles of the Zone of Death, arranging a jury for the said trial would not be possible. Thus, the loophole theoretically allows a person to get away with a murder committed in the area. Therefore, it is evident that the Train Station in 'Yellowstone' is based on the same principle as the Zone of Death loophole."

I know it wouldn't stand up, but Sheridan finds some interesting tidbits of American culture.
beardoc
Back to the 1883 spin-off in Strawn, I noticed they have started putting up sets, etc.

Harrison Bergeron
So we just got Paramount+, so just started the prequels. (Why isn't Yellowstone on P+ BTW?)

The timelines are impossible, which bugs me. Jacob Dutton (1923) is the older brother of James Dutton (1883). Reasonably, Jacob is 65-70 in 1923. That would put James around 10 during the Battle of Antietam, during which he apparently was a captain.

As an aside, did not start Yellowstone Season 5 - felt like it was going to crazy train.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.