arby's ceo:

1,552 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Wangchung
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
a true hero:

>>
I was the CEO of Arby's. I'm auctioning off my Texas mansion with a lowly $2.5 million starting bid because my wife and I are getting older and neither of us wants to live here alone.

Story by jpandy@insider.com (Jordan Pandy) 22m ago

• Len Roberts, who served as the CEO of Arby's and RadioShack, is auctioning his Texas estate.
  • The 11,792-square-foot home in Fort Worth was built for hosting fundraisers and galas.
  • Roberts is auctioning off his home at a discount, knowing he won't get a return on investment.
This as-told-to essay is based on a conversation with Len Roberts, 74, about his choice to auction off his nearly 12,000-square-foot home on 1.82 acres in Fort Worth, Texas. Bidding starts April 24, with the starting bid at $2.5 million and a 10% buyer's premium. This interview has been edited for length and clarity.
We're not moving from this home for financial reasons. We're moving to simplify our lives.
We're empty nesters it's just me and my wife now. It's a big house, and you have to manage it.
People always talk about people who live in castles, "What is it like living in this big castle with just the two of you?"
The key question is which one of us will predecease the other. I asked my wife, "Would you want to be in this big home alone?" She said she'd leave the next day. I said the same thing. I just don't want to be in this big home by myself.
We found a home 3 miles away that we felt comfortable in at our age.

I'm expecting a loss, but we've already got....<<

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/i-was-the-ceo-of-arby-s-i-m-auctioning-off-my-texas-mansion-with-a-lowly-2-5-million-starting-bid-because-my-wife-and-i-are-getting-older-and-neither-of-us-wants-to-live-here-alone/ar-AA19PAYc?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=8a7ff068f44e4d90b80f78a7494a70cf&ei=20
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
whitetrash
Does the house come with a built-in Horsey Sauce dispenser?

fubar
No way the asking price includes a built-in dispenser.

The photos, however, do suggest some acreage around the place. Perhaps some buyer could bring their own horseys and make the sauce at home.
Jokerman
Perhaps a new locale for Stately Jokerman Manor...
Lessee if'n the Missus goes for it.
She'll likely demand the dispenser, though.
ABC BEAR
I'll keep my Yurt.
Wangchung
I truly believe Gilbert Godfrey should narrate the Morgan Freeman biopic.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Jokerman
Marsha Warfield should narrate the documentary on Gilbert Godfrey narrating the Morgan Freeman biopic.
BearN
I think I parked in that guys reserved parking spot in the old Tandy Center secret underground Executive parking garage way back in the 80's when he was a lowly VP
william
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
SMack
I'm pretty sure that house will not survive the asteroid strike.

I'm out.
william

'breaker 10-100 - my bowels are about to 'splode. I done hit that arby's in grants. c'mon'

- kkm
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
Jokerman
william said:

'breaker 10-100 - my bowels are about to 'splode. I done hit that arby's in grants. c'mon'

- kkm

Why this movie didn't win every Oscar during the three-year period after its release is beyond me.
#Travesty
william
Jokerman said:

william said:

- kkm

Why this movie didn't win every Oscar during the three-year period after its release is beyond me.
#Travesty
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAA/1974.html
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
Jokerman
william said:

Jokerman said:

william said:

- kkm

#Travesty
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAA/1974.html
Wangchung
https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-police-find-womans-body-walk-in-freezer-arbys-restaurant
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.