What Is Your Favorite Carryon Travel Luggage?

1,022 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by jdub_316
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most carriers have small limits. 22"x 14" x 9" Southwest is a little better at 24-16-10.

I don't want to spend and arm and a leg but $250 tops. What is your recommendation and how long have you traveled with the same piece?
SMack
H-E-B sacks work well for me.
Oldbear83
I have a leather briefcase that expands to handle my work gear and a small case (20x14x7) that fits almost anywhere but can carry 2 days of clothes.

Both are old but dependable.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Aliceinbubbleland
Thx
Oldbear83
To the question, I never found the luggage specialty stores to offer good value. Thinking back, I often see good luggage at yard/estate sales
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
jdub_316
I've had a Tumi 22" suiter, black, ballistic nylon roll aboard that I've taken everywhere since 2011. It has a lifetime warranty. Before the pandemic, I travelled every week (3 million miles plus on American). I can carry 2 suits (some ties if needed), 5 dress shirts, a casual outfit, workout gear, sox, boxsers and a dop kit/clear quart bag in it.

About 4 years ago, I took it into the Allen Tumi Outlet, and they gave it a major overhaul - new wheels, new retraceable handle, new zippers - basically new everything.

I had a Tumi ballistic nylon briefcase/laptop bag for years, that I finally traded in for an Alpha Tumi Brief Backpack: https://www.tumi.com/p/tumi-brief-pack-01173471041/

I got the backpack when I was traveling every week between Dallas and Chicago where I had a corporate apartment. The backpack worked better than the laptop bag which I still have.

I also have a smaller rolling Tumi briefcase/overnight bag that I use when I only have to go on business for a day or two, but I've used the backpack for overnights as well. Here is the link: https://www.tumi.com/p/deluxe-4-wheeled-laptop-case-brief-01171581041/

You can often find these at a discount on Amazon or Ebay, but they last forever, and if a wheel breaks, you just take it to the outlet and they fix it. They may also fix it at a regular Tumi store, I just haven't tried one of those stores yet.

This is one of the few areas where I spent for quality, and it has paid off for me personally.
Aliceinbubbleland
Much appreciated.
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

I have a leather briefcase that expands to handle my work gear and a small case (20x14x7) that fits almost anywhere but can carry 2 days of clothes.

Both are old but dependable.

Both are old but dependable

That's what she said
jdub_316
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Much appreciated.
I know that Tumi is the standard in high-frequency business travel and can be costly, but it lasts forever plus the warranty is worth it. I'll never go Luis Vutton - which is spending just to be spending.

If you spend $250 on a roll aboard while traveling weekly or twice monthly - you'll most likely be needing a new one in less than three years. Just what I've heard, and I do not work for Tumi :-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.