My Son, Army ROTC & Baylor

529 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by El Oso
ScrappyPaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So we had some dreams come true last week. My eldest, Jackson, spent his first 4 years of life living on campus at BU (I was a hall director back in the day, Martin Hall then the Arbors). Now he's a senior in high school and he was just awarded the 4-year National Army ROTC Scholarship to his top 3 schools. He'll be using the scholarship to return to Waco and attend Baylor. There is no way we could afford to send him to BU without the scholarship so I'm just stunned and blessed beyond measure right now. I never graduated from BU though I did more than half a Ph.D. there before life made other plans. Yet my love for the Baylor community runs deep. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy!

Anyone here familiar with the Army ROTC program? He pursued it because he wants to pursue law and our research showed Army ROTC was one of the best ways to get there (pass the LSAT prior to graduation and they delay your service for law school, then you serve as a JAG officer, either active duty or reserves, to fulfill your service obligation).

[bonus] my wife is going to be way more on board with my weekend trips for games now that her boy will be there!
BellCountyBear
Congrats and Sic'em Scrappy!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Good job. Its not easy raising kids these days.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
LIB,MR BEARS
ScrappyPaws said:

So we had some dreams come true last week. My eldest, Jackson, spent his first 4 years of life living on campus at BU (I was a hall director back in the day, Martin Hall then the Arbors). Now he's a senior in high school and he was just awarded the 4-year National Army ROTC Scholarship to his top 3 schools. He'll be using the scholarship to return to Waco and attend Baylor. There is no way we could afford to send him to BU without the scholarship so I'm just stunned and blessed beyond measure right now. I never graduated from BU though I did more than half a Ph.D. there before life made other plans. Yet my love for the Baylor community runs deep. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy!

Anyone here familiar with the Army ROTC program? He pursued it because he wants to pursue law and our research showed Army ROTC was one of the best ways to get there (pass the LSAT prior to graduation and they delay your service for law school, then you serve as a JAG officer, either active duty or reserves, to fulfill your service obligation).

[bonus] my wife is going to be way more on board with my weekend trips for games now that her boy will be there!

You've got lots to be proud of
El Oso
It was air force rotc when I was there. I only did it for a brief time because it just wasn't for me. I met some really cool students and staff/faculty though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.