Retired Police Vehicles for Sale

4,277 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Malbec
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have experience with these?

I came across a 2011 Tahoe with low idle and 106k miles. It has the PPV package.
Only $9K. I need a cheap larger vehicle. These things look pretty awesome!

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
bularry
I kinda like it, too
Doc Holliday
bularry said:

I kinda like it, too
The suspensions are tweaked for tight corners and it's somewhere around 350hp from what I've read. This thing can haul ass lol.

From what I've read, everyone thinks you're a cop and they all just get out of your way or slow down and let you pass.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
CSIBear
Always wanted to get one, subscribed to see how you like it!
Mitch Blood Green
I don't know the quality of the departments preventative maintenance. I'd expect that they have one and if half way decent, it should Hall for a while.
4th and Inches
If maintained appropriately, should last you a ling time. Only issue we ever had was with AC system (related to cooling condenser and drainage) on our Tahoe of that body style.
Yogi
Already has a place for the dog!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
syme
If it wasn't completely stripped, some of those can have some pretty sweet upgrades left over.
The brush guard and tint (as pictured) Custom dash, gps, suspension, anti-theft, custom interior lights. Maybe even a prisoner partition!
beardoc
syme said:

Maybe even a prisoner partition!
Great for carpooling kids to school.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks...
Mr Tulip
"The day I get outta prison, and my own brother picks me up in a cop car!"
90sBear
Brian Ethridge said:

But does the cigarette lighter work?
Doc Holliday
90sBear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

But does the cigarette lighter work?
Donut holder works
fadskier
Do you have a website? I'd love to take a look at some of the vehicles.
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

Just craigslist and cargurus
fadskier
Prior to my freshman year at Baylor, I worked the summer out of state. My dad and mom went to a police car auction to buy me a car for college (using part of my money.) While my dad was looking for sensible transportation at a reasonable price, my mom assured me that the interior would be beautiful. I just pleaded that they get a drug car (the kind repossessed during drug deals...these were usually very cool cars.)

I fly back and call my parents...dad is not home so I am talking to mom...she tells me that the car is beautiful and has plaid seats (ummm, what?) I ask what kind it is and she doesn't recall every hearing the name of the car before...something unique that she had never seen before (dad was out driving it, so she could not look.) My mind was racing with car brands that my mom would not know...Porsche?

This was my car...except it was baby blue

Yep. I stuck out like a sore thumb among all the BMW 325i's at Baylor AND I lived at Baylor Arms so it was parked for all to see....

funny story. Obviously, not a successful drug dealer.
NoBSU
fadskier said:

Prior to my freshman year at Baylor, I worked the summer out of state. My dad and mom went to a police car auction to buy me a car for college (using part of my money.) While my dad was looking for sensible transportation at a reasonable price, my mom assured me that the interior would be beautiful. I just pleaded that they get a drug car (the kind repossessed during drug deals...these were usually very cool cars.)

I fly back and call my parents...dad is not home so I am talking to mom...she tells me that the car is beautiful and has plaid seats (ummm, what?) I ask what kind it is and she doesn't recall every hearing the name of the car before...something unique that she had never seen before (dad was out driving it, so she could not look.) My mind was racing with car brands that my mom would not know...Porsche?

This was my car...except it was baby blue

Yep. I stuck out like a sore thumb among all the BMW 325i's at Baylor AND I lived at Baylor Arms so it was parked for all to see....

funny story. Obviously, not a successful drug dealer.
I see your 1974 American Motors Ambassador and raise you ...

All I wanted was my grandpa's old truck. It was dark green with stock wheels. He only wanted $500 for it.

Malbec
fadskier said:

Try this one: www.renebates.com

City of Waco's auction ends tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.