* * Pecos New Doc "From Nowhere: the Story of The Vaughn Brothers"

4,822 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Should have a nice size crowd coming.

Tickets went on sale today. https://thetexastheatre.com/movies/from-nowhere-the-story-of-the-vaughan-brothers/
BaylorGrad&Dad
Kirby has done some great work helping preserve history; I'm sure this effort will be one of his best. Me? Oh, I'm just going fishing when I retire.......
Pecos 45
Thanks to Assassin and BaylorGrad&Dad for the props.
Here is the trailer for my new film.
See you at the historic Texas Theatre (where they caught Lee Harvey Oswald) on August 2nd.
Be there or be square!

“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Stranger
Looks good! Are you going to have a screening in Ruidoso, NM? Lots of Texicans here in the summer.
I'm a Bearbacker
Pecos 45
One step at a time.
We are still in final edits.
Malcolm Forbes
Liteitup
That looks great!
Pecos 45
And we even got the Reverend Willy G. to take off his sunglasses!
Malcolm Forbes
Pecos 45
The Texas Theatre has added a second show for Friday night, 7:30 pm. Visit their web site for tix.
See you there!!!
Malcolm Forbes
Dia del DougO
I'm a little disappointed that a Baylor man didn't give the Rappin' Reggie documentary top priority. But I guess SRV is kinda cool.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Pecos 45
I try!
Dia del DougO
Great stuff, Pecos. Looking forward to seeing it.

Did they ever finish the Vaughan Memorial?
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Fat Daddy
You had me at Eric and Jackson!

Will be in Atlanta in early August but back in Waco around the 11th.... hope to see it at the Hippodrome this fall.
Assassin
Going to the Thursday showing.

We now have 68 going from my FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
Wichitabear
That is amazing that you have just a little over 12,000 people on this sight! You have done an excellent job with this. Enjoy
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

That is amazing that you have just a little over 12,000 people on this sight! You have done an excellent job with this. Enjoy
thats the active folk. We are over 14,200 total members - all since December
Wichitabear
That's great
KOKQB70
Assassin, you personally met Kirby?
Assassin
KOK QB 70 said:

Assassin, you personally met Kirby?
I've known Kirby for a while.
KOKQB70
Great, cause Kirby and I are sports and scholars, and not many of us left anymore!
Assassin
KOK QB 70 said:

Great, cause Kirby and I are sports and scholars, and not many of us left anymore!
He was a couple of minutes ahead of me at Baylor but was at Buddy when I was working the Dallas clubs. Then we were both with Presidents/Ballys at the same time. When I came back off the ships the posting forums took off and we touched base again.
Assassin
btw I think both shows are sold out
Pecos 45
No, we still have some seats left for Friday night.
Please come out. I will be at the Friday show, too.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Pecos 45 said:

No, we still have some seats left for Friday night.
Please come out. I will be at the Friday show, too.

Trying to make it work, but can't commit yet.
Pecos 45
Brian,
We are going to work on a distribution deal once we get the showings done. Right now we have to finish it. I want you, and everyone to see it.
Here's a plug for the film on Channel 4, KDFW, yesterday. (Lauren Pryzbl is a Baylor grad. We discussed that before the interview. Nice lady, proud to be a Baylor alumni.)
I snuck in a "Sic 'em, Bears!" at the end of the interview!!!

Assassin
The place is packed! Waiting 4 Grand Poobah to make his entrance...
KOKQB70
Good luck KIRBY WARNOCK tonight!!!!!!
Assassin
another masterpiece from Kirby. If you liked SRV or Jimmie, this is a must see. Tons of interviews from folks like Eric Clapton, Niles Rogers, Steve Toblosky and of course many of thier former band members.

Great job brother Bear!
Pecos 45
Thank you to so many from this board showing up last night.
It was both humbling and exhilarating.
Hubbs
Fun night! Got to briefly meet Kirby and enjoyed the documentary. Really well done.
Wichitabear
That art work honoring the brothers is amazing
Pecos 45
There will be an encore matinee screening at the Texas on Sunday, Aug. 12 at 4 pm.
I won't be there, but the theater called and said they had so many requests for another showing that I had to do it.
After that screening we are taking a step back and trying to sell the film to a buyer, or distributor.
But if you want to see it, go to the Texas Theatre's web site and get your tix today. The other two showings were complete sellouts, SRO.
And thanks to several SicEm365 members who came out to view it. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, but I hope you heard my shout out to my BU history profs during my introduction.
Assassin
Pecos 45 said:

There will be an encore matinee screening at the Texas on Sunday, Aug. 12 at 4 pm.
I won't be there, but the theater called and said they had so many requests for another showing that I had to do it.
After that screening we are taking a step back and trying to sell the film to a buyer, or distributor.
But if you want to see it, go to the Texas Theatre's web site and get your tix today. The other two showings were complete sellouts, SRO.
And thanks to several SicEm365 members who came out to view it. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, but I hope you heard my shout out to my BU history profs during my introduction.
Proud of you Kirby. Bet there were times when you didnt think there would ever be a finished product! The life of a filmmaker...
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Pecos 45
It is a miracle that any film is ever finished, then another miracle if it can find an audience.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Pecos 45 said:

It is a miracle that any film is ever finished, then another miracle if it can find an audience.
For all the video we shoot here, I know this pain.
Tiny Elvis
If you're in the Dallas area, go see this film on Sunday. I took a group of 7 last Thursday. You won't be disappointed...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.