Who is Cory Case ?

6,112 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by william
txkypreacherskid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need to make it clear that Krista is very nice too. Everyone that's met her knows that, but I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that. I need to go to bed. It sure warms my heart to hear from so many of the old gang!

txky...................
william
{ sipping coffee }

- KKM

go spurs go!
SisCaseman
Wow guys! I am Cory's baby sister. I wanted to look at Cory's old caring bridge of a Bible verse he had used in a post. For some reason, I couldn't find the caring bridge site. I thought maybe I could find some link here! I am absolutely blown away that there is a post 10 years and 6 months since his death. All of the kind words about are so precious to my heart! I am so thankful he had friends like all of you!
I was in college when he got sick. I remember whenever I came home he would be in our office posting something on baylorfans and giggling to himself. He truly cared for all of y'all. I can't believe the impact he had on some many.
Our brother, Aaron, is married and has a 7 yo daughter who I see Cory in everyday with her linguistic wit. All of our family is happy and healthy. We will always be in debt to baylorfans for giving him normalcy, an outlet and so many amazing friends.
As far as the scholarship, we receive letters around Christmas every year from the recipients. The selection committee always picks the kids that Cory would have liked. Some want to become doctors or do cancer research. Most are chemistry or biochemistry majors. All are in need. Cory always thought he was lucky to get go to Baylor. He was just a kid from Garland and nothing special. He was able to go because of scholarships. Y'all are the ones that funded and started the Cory Case scholarship. He would be so honored that his friends wanted other kids in similar situations to get the opportunity to go to Baylor.
Thank you!
fubar
baylorfans brought "normalcy"?

We need to have a talk. A very ... serious ... talk. Start by calling Nobs at BR-549.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
saabing bear said:

I can remember several years ago going to a BFan get together at George's on Meet the Bears Day. I never made I to the stadium because I wasn't ready for the 2 Big O's I had. Cory and Baylor Babe tolerated me staying at the table while my head cleared.

I remember that
Brian Ethridge
Staff
SisCaseman said:

Wow guys! I am Cory's baby sister. I wanted to look at Cory's old caring bridge of a Bible verse he had used in a post. For some reason, I couldn't find the caring bridge site. I thought maybe I could find some link here! I am absolutely blown away that there is a post 10 years and 6 months since his death. All of the kind words about are so precious to my heart! I am so thankful he had friends like all of you!
I was in college when he got sick. I remember whenever I came home he would be in our office posting something on baylorfans and giggling to himself. He truly cared for all of y'all. I can't believe the impact he had on some many.
Our brother, Aaron, is married and has a 7 yo daughter who I see Cory in everyday with her linguistic wit. All of our family is happy and healthy. We will always be in debt to baylorfans for giving him normalcy, an outlet and so many amazing friends.
As far as the scholarship, we receive letters around Christmas every year from the recipients. The selection committee always picks the kids that Cory would have liked. Some want to become doctors or do cancer research. Most are chemistry or biochemistry majors. All are in need. Cory always thought he was lucky to get go to Baylor. He was just a kid from Garland and nothing special. He was able to go because of scholarships. Y'all are the ones that funded and started the Cory Case scholarship. He would be so honored that his friends wanted other kids in similar situations to get the opportunity to go to Baylor.
Thank you!

Make no mistake, he was special. I'm proud of the work we did to get the scholarship started and funded. Next goal is to endow it. He lived life to it's greatest and will always be remembered.

I'm going to go clear the dust from the room now.
SisCaseman
fubar said:

baylorfans brought "normalcy"?

We need to have a talk. A very ... serious ... talk. Start by calling Nobs at BR-549.

I'm guessing you have never met the other Case's because we are all a little crazy. (Crazy like free spirit fun crazy).
Cory's Normal:
1) We watched Maury in the hospital while prestigious doctor came in to talk. (Our Mom didn't like that but all the other Case's were on board to see who the father was). It was like an over 80 female scheduling her day around murder she wrote. "It's 11am. Time for Maury."
2) We roughly made 1k prank phone calls in the hospital. We found out that calls are untraceable from the hospital phone. It was like telling your child you can jump on the bed while eating all your Halloween candy.
3) Cory's detailed posting about each spurs fan on BUfans. I hope y'all remember that one. It was basically like any dating sites. Profile pic, a short description on "tell us about yourself" and then favorite player and why.
4) every bowl selection or March madness bracket he ever filled out.
5) adopting two cats from the Dallas pound (not crazy) but then what he named them.
6)reading at 2yo and then learning everything about a certain subject. He had my parents get him books on the olympics, knights and geology. No, the books were not books for a toddler/preschooler. They were books a middle school kid would use for a book report.
I could go on for days on the ways Cory wasn't normal but we all know. His normal was crazy bear fans.
SisCaseman
https://instagr.am/p/BnMKHncj0-fi9kuWk7RzZBGlumlO3v29TACbc40

Case in point...
The Case Family Normal!
The_Mad_Shopper
He still owes me $20.
william
song for caseman:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.