Who is Cory Case ?

6,182 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by william
BaylorRocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Discuss.....
robby44
Cory was a fantastic guy.
He was probably one of the more entertaining posters on Baylorfans
Met him at baylorfans tailgate
He was just really cool guy
I remember hanging out with him in the parking lot the entire 2nd half of the UNT game because the Bears were so bad that night we both could not watch
There is a endowed scholarship in his name

RIP Cory
Keyser Soze
Good dude. Died too young from cancer.

Big Mavs fan. We had a bonding experience of hating things black and silver. Worst things about BF going down I lost all my PMs with him.

NoBSU
He was a huge Rangers fan. He hated the A's and Angels. He couldn't stand LaRusa and Eckstein even when they were Cardinals. Shelby's Friend and I sent him a Cardinals Eckstein jersey after a tough round of chemo. I doubt he ever wore it but he got a kick out of it.

Correction: SF used Eckstein's number but named it Casestein on the back. Baylorfans Chitchat was so much fun back then.
fubar
He faced absolute horror with grace and humor.
NoBSU
Cory seemed to love all music ... except Nickelback.

He would have been very active on the concert thread.
BellCountyBear
NoBSU said:

Cory seemed to love all music ... except Nickelback.

He would have been very active on the concert thread.
Nickelback is over-criticized...they are better than Drake, but the wrong skin color.
bubbadog
He was a great guy and, so far as I know, loved by everybody on the board regardless of political orientation. That is rare.

Never met him in person but we corresponded by PM. I had saved those exchanges but they went away when BaylorFans went away.
NoBSU
Pretty sure I exported my PMs once on Baylorfans then cleared them/archived them. I little late to mention that now.
LIB,MR BEARS
Somebody said he handled cancer with grace up above. That post cannot be over emphasized!

I think his girlfriend posted on BF some after his death. I don't recall her name however. I'm sure some of y'all will
NoBSU
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Somebody said he handled cancer with grace up above. That post cannot be over emphasized!

I think his girlfriend posted on BF some after his death. I don't recall her name however. I'm sure some of y'all will
BaylorBabe?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Great guy. Hung out with him a few times. RIP
Mitch Blood Green
He was that dude. Great guy. Knew music. A friend.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
He was a great friend to us all. We endowed a scholarship in his name. You can still donate to it. He is greatly missed.
BearChick
A legend.

One who would be thrilled to know that his memory is enshrined in a questionable chat forum and several karaoke videos that should never again see the light of day.
BearChick
NoBSU said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BaylorBabe?

Yes, that's her. I just saw her a few weeks ago. Like Cory, Krista is an amazing friend and bleeds green and gold.
NoBSU
BearChick said:

A legend.

One who would be thrilled to know that his memory is enshrined in a questionable chat forum and several karaoke videos that should never again see the light of day.
Somebody posted a dance at a wedding once.
BearChick
NoBSU said:

BearChick said:

A legend.

Somebody posted a dance at a wedding once.

Thriller.
Dia del DougO
First rule of Cory Case Chit Chat is never chit chat about Cory Case.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
And **** Cancer
txkypreacherskid
The last time I saw Cory alive was the day UT was playing USC for the National Championship. I don't remember the year or the day, but I do remember I was on a walker back then, and I had to park a long way from the right entrance. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got there and it took me a long time to catch my breath. He was in bed hooked up to his chemo, holding a cold can of Coke and had some dip between his cheek and gum. This was the first time I had met Cory. We had emailed and PM'd quite frequently. Krista had sent me some pictures of the two of them, since she is the sister of one of my nephews in the DFW.

Cory Case......I think people have described him very well. He was a living legend. I don't ever remember him complaining about anything. Our conversations on the phone were very open and frank. Cory was one of the most genuine people I've ever met and talked with!

The next time I saw Cory was at his Funeral, after spending the weekend with GarlandBear. It's good to see so many old friends from BaylorFans.com

Sic'em!!

txky
txkypreacherskid
I forgot to mention that Cory and I talked for 3 hours that day, and that was one of the most enjoyable conversations I ever had with anyone, especially someone I had never met, although I felt like I had known him for most of my life.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
One of my favorite Cory Case times was when he came down to Galveston and we all have this big BBQ at a friend's historic house. He had just come off a round of chemo, didn't have a hair on his head, and he was able to hold court with everyone there. Everyone loved him. Krista called me when he passed and I stopped on Seawall after I got off the phone and had a big cry. We knew it was coming soon, but oh, how he is missed.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Krista
Hi friends!! I think of y'all so often and so fondly Cory's parents are doing very well. My boyfriend and I visited with them earlier this year when it was the tenth anniversary of Cory's death. I'm still in 324 at the new stadium if anyone wants to say hi!
El Oso
txkypreacherskid said:

The last time I saw Cory alive was the day UT was playing USC for the National Championship.
Jan 4, 2006--I know that date because I was moving back to Texas that day. In fact, as I was crossing the Red River--Vince Young was scampering in to the end zone for what would be the winning TD (was listening to the game in the cab of a UHaul).

Cory knew food. If you needed a place to eat in Dallas--he was your guy.
Missile
Lots of banter back and forth during last days of Sloan, Stanton and Steele. Finally met him, Babe and a few others at a tailgate vs. SMU. Instantly treated me like an old friend with laughs galore the whole evening. Never would have known about the battle he was fighting without reading about it on the boards. Incredible intellect, wit, and outlook on life. He is missed.
txkypreacherskid
txkypreacherskid
I meant to say that BaylorBabe is the sister of the wife of one of my nephews.
fubar
txkypreacherskid said:

Who's on First for the 21st Century?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
txkypreacherskid said:

Dan?
txkypreacherskid
Yes. She's very nice, I attended their wedding several years ago. I enjoyed fubar's comment about "who's on first". I guess there was an easier way for me to say it, but I never could think of it. It's really good to see you guys on here. We've seen a lot of water go under the bridge in past years!

txky...........
Brian Ethridge
Staff
txkypreacherskid said:

Yes. She's very nice, I attended their wedding several years ago. I enjoyed fubar's comment about "who's on first". I guess there was an easier way for me to say it, but I never could think of it. It's really good to see you guys on here. We've seen a lot of water go under the bridge in past years!

txky...........
Yes sir. Great people all around.
saabing bear
I can remember several years ago going to a BFan get together at George's on Meet the Bears Day. I never made I to the stadium because I wasn't ready for the 2 Big O's I had. Cory and Baylor Babe tolerated me staying at the table while my head cleared.
fubar
Manu Ginobli called it a career today.

Made me think of Cory, who referred to him as "Manur" ... Cory's up there smiling right now.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.