Happy 25th Nirvana's In Utero

1,577 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The last studio album was release 25 years ago today

NoBSU
I liked some of their stuff. But their superstardom plus a few other bands success were a clear sign of a talent deficiency that decade.
Sam Lowry
The first and only Nirvana album I really liked. Listened to it not long ago, and it still sounds great.
NoBSU
All Apologies turned me off on the band. I normally like ballads, but it seemed whiny. Maybe I bought in on the popular push-back on grunge. I like what Dave Grohl has done with his career since Nirvana.
Keyser Soze
I am a very classic rock kinda guy.

The 90s mark a time period for me when knowing all the new and current music ended. This is a passage of time post but they did have significant cultural impact mostly on a slightly younger demographic than myself.
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

I am a very classic rock kinda guy.

The 90s mark a time period for me when knowing all the new and current music ended. This is a passage of time post but they did have significant cultural impact mostly on a slightly younger demographic than myself.
I "got" Hootie, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Lyle Lovett, and Dave Matthews. Grunge, Gangster Rap, and angry young white women not so much. I went more country with decade old George Strait, old Clint Black, vintage Jerry Jeff, and I was very early on Alison Krause. Her first album was great. I want taking my father to a lot of cancer treatments. Country was a great bonding music.
bularry
The grunge movement was an important part of American music. Nirvana captured a segment of that. I loved the raw energy of their music
Mitch Blood Green
That was a great band. Big fan. Dave Grohl is awesome
Brian Ethridge
Staff
NoBSU said:

All Apologies turned me off on the band. I normally like ballads, but it seemed whiny. Maybe I bought in on the popular push-back on grunge. I like what Dave Grohl has done with his career since Nirvana.

Add in "Man who sold the world" for a duo of suck.

There were several great bands in that era without the media love of Nirvana. Still listen to a few of them and less of Nirvana.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.