Old Photos of Waco - very cool photos!

2,385 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 57Bear
Illinois Bear2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wacotrib.com/news/waco_history/gildersleeve-book-offers-unparalleled-glimpse-of-waco-s-photographer/article_193c8ade-c99f-5f8d-a3e4-16531e268fd1.html

Love the bar one!
ABC BEAR
The picture of the outdoor banquet is a true work of Americana. Think about it, there were no throw away cups, plates, utensils or tablecloths, everything had to be washed and dried by hand.
BellCountyBear
Those are cool, thanks for sharing! It's weird to think about everyone in those photos is in the ground now.
Edmond Bear

Those are awesome photos. Thanks for posting.
saabing bear
ABC BEAR said:

The picture of the outdoor banquet is a true work of Americana. Think about it, there were no throw away cups, plates, utensils or tablecloths, everything had to be washed and dried by hand.
And nothing to cover the plates when the flash scared the pigeons.
Coke Bear
My stepdad has a Glidersleeve of one of the classes of Baylor (circa 1900's). It a one of the landscape pictures with the students (all males, of course). I believe they're in the quadrangle. It's been a few years that I studied it.

I hope that he bequeaths it to me one day. If he does, that picture is going immediately up my one of my walls.
Grumpy
The old Waco City Hall image is cool. They don't build like that anymore.
4th and Inches
Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing

The house in the background of the old sanger school photo is still standing and in good repair. Well over 100 years old, beautiful victorian...
EatMoreSalmon
Buttermilk sold in a bar! Who'd a thought!
Illinois Bear2
Coke Bear said:

My stepdad has a Glidersleeve of one of the classes of Baylor (circa 1900's). It a one of the landscape pictures with the students (all males, of course). I believe they're in the quadrangle. It's been a few years that I studied it.

I hope that he bequeaths it to me one day. If he does, that picture is going immediately up my one of my walls.
Scan it and post it.
TenBears
A postcard of the lynching??? *** was wrong with those people?!?!
57Bear
The building in the background of the picture of the Baylor - TCU homecoming game was Baylor's science hall when I went to Baylor in the 50s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.