* * Dutch Schroeder

7,214 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Assassin
Hunkinsdamon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Off topic here but does anyone know how to get a hold of Dutch or a family member? I ask because I might have come across his 1966 Southwest Conference Championship ring.
KOKQB70
How that happen? I have contact in Waco who could help possibly, who knows Dutch.
Assassin
Hunkinsdamon said:

Off topic here but does anyone know how to get a hold of Dutch or a family member? I ask because I might have come across his 1966 Southwest Conference Championship ring.
He is up in Clifton with his daughter now days. I'll ask mom for contact info
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Hunkinsdamon said:

I PMd you the info
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Former Baylor baseball coach and longtime ambassador for the university Dutch Schroeder died Friday at age 96.

After serving in the Navy in World War II, Schroeder's connection to Baylor dates back more than seven decades as he played baseball for the Bears beginning in 1948. He was named Baylor baseball's head coach in the fall of 1961 and continued to coach the team through the 1973 season.

Schroeder amassed a 196-165-1 record with the Bears, including one Southwest Conference championship in the 1966 season.
After Schroeder passed the Baylor program on to Mickey Sullivan in 1973, he remained on the school's faculty for another 27 years. He also was a driving force behind Baylor's "B" Association for past athletic lettermen for more than four decades.

In 2014, Schroeder was inducted into the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame, which is located within the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.