* * SicEm 365 DFW Lunch?

8,707 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stranger
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know the place (JRs) but I concur that it may be pricy. I don't want to see us run folks off.

Is there someplace else that might be more reasonable? Usually we're given choices
Funky Town Bear
Ashley Hodge said:

I didn't see a lunch menu online for JRs. There is a Taverna Rossa in Southlake pretty close to that location. $10 lunch special for a personal pizza and salad. Pretty good value. Also Fireside Pies next to Mi Dias where you all met last time.

Just throwing suggestions that may not be as "heavy" on the wallet or calories. I like JRs just doesn't seem like a lunch place.
The Fireside lunch suggestion here is a super solid. Great food at a great price and is very easy in and out.
Assassin
JRs was Tommies suggestion. Anyone that can knock him off the mountain can make a change....

best of luck
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Away from the mid-cities if I'm going to be able to make it.
Stranger
So are we gonna have the damn luncheon or not, Assassin?

Please verify time, date and place.
Assassin
JRs - Colleyville is tommies suggestion

Ashley suggests Taverna Rossa in Southlake, $10 lunch special for a personal pizza and salad. Also Fireside Pies next to Mi Dias where you all met last time.

Date will be Nov 2, 1130

I am driving from the other side of Dallas so it doesnt matter to me. You guys tell me where you want to go.
---

We can do another one in Dallas after the holidays.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Assassin said:

Ashley suggests Taverna Rossa in Southlake, $10 lunch special for a personal pizza and salad. Also Fireside Pies next to Mi Dias where you all met last time.

Date will be Nov 2, 1130

I am driving from the other side of Dallas so it doesnt matter to me. You guys tell me where you want to go.
---

Fireside Pies is probably the best combination of good, affordable and easy access. My vote is for Fireside Pies.
Stranger
Assassin said:

Date will be Nov 2, 1130

---

You make the call . . . Please!
Funky Town Bear
Ashley Hodge said:

Assassin said:

Date will be Nov 2, 1130

---

Fireside Pies is probably the best combination of good, affordable and easy access. My vote is for Fireside Pies.
In

I will second this suggestion
Stranger
Funky Town Bear said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Assassin said:

Date will be Nov 2, 1130

---

In

I will second this suggestion

Works for me.
Assassin
So - anyone else chiming in before we set the place?
Assassin
whats the location on the Fireside Pie? Is that the one on Main in Grapevine?
Assassin
BTW - sit down and order places work the best for these. Viteks in Waco proved that. Folks came in at different times and got their food when they came in.
BaylorGrad&Dad
It really makes no difference to me, but if I had to choose, I'd say Fireside.
Funky Town Bear
Assassin said:

whats the location on the Fireside Pie? Is that the one on Main in Grapevine?

Fireside is On Main St in Grapevine just off of 114. See you there.
Hyperbear
I can find something to eat at any of them. JR's and Tevana sounds best but just choose and let me know. Looks good for being there now. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Mitch Blood Green
Feel free to go with Ashley's suggestion. I may not be able to make it. (Some serious deadlines). I'll try and Fireside is nice.
Stranger
Every time I think we're set somebody mentions another place. If i understand correctly

11:30 am
Fireside Pies
Grapevine,
Friday, November 2nd

Is this your final answer?
I'm a Bearbacker
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Sounds good- let's do it
Assassin
So from the feedback I got from the email I sent out, seems like the majority consensus is Fireside Pies in Grapevine, Friday, Nov 2nd, 1130.

Mark it down

william
I did some mapping - the most central location is the arby's on pioneer parkway in irvine.

- KKM

irvine, tx. former home of the cowboys.

not to be confused w/ mike erwing, the former legendary cowboys WR.

Go Bears!
Assassin
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fireside+Pies/@32.9254698,-97.0795904,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x864c2b26e922b74f:0x2d61b77f624b89e8!8m2!3d32.9254698!4d-97.0774017
Assassin
ttt
BaylorGrad&Dad
I'll have to drop out. My brother died yesterday, and the funeral will be next Thursday, and I won't be back in time.
Assassin
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I'll have to drop out. My brother died yesterday, and the funeral will be next Thursday, and I won't be back in time.
so sorry to hear that brother. May he rest in peace
BaylorGrad&Dad
Thanks, Paul.
Assassin
If you are greater DFW and want to be included on our email list for these events - but didnt get a notice from me about this one, shoot me your posting name, real name and email. I BCC these lists so you can remain incognito

Paul
pheck123@msn.com
Assassin
A recap for Friday lunch

Confirmed:

Sampi
Hyperbear
Dallas4Bears
Strange
Funky Town
Ashley Hodge
BearForce
slimecap
BU 79
Assassin

Maybes:
greggor25 ?
tommie ?
Brian Ethridge ?
Assassin
Looking back, has it really been a year since our last lunch post-merge?

We did Colleyville Sept 1st, 2017; 61-1 (total lunches including BaylorFans = 61, 1st for SicEm post merger), Waco - Sept 22nd; 62-2, San Antonio - Oct 20th; 63-3

This will be 64-4.

We will definitely need to do a Dallas one come January

BearChick
I am not going to be able to make it. Too much going on with the move the last few weeks has killed my head. So I'm restricting myself from driving except as necessary for the next few weeks until I get better. Y'all have funthanks for getting it set up.
Assassin
BearChick said:

I am not going to be able to make it. Too much going on with the move the last few weeks has killed my head. So I'm restricting myself from driving except as necessary for the next few weeks until I get better. Y'all have funthanks for getting it set up.
darn. next time!
BearChick
Absolutely
Assassin
reservations are made -- Baylor Sic'em 365 for 1130am, party of 10
BearForce
I'm going to have to bail out this time. Scheduling conflict but will hook up with the crew in Dallas.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
See you all tomorrow
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.