University Research Project

2,500 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by YoakDaddy
UniversityResearch1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi everyone!

I am conducting research on whether fan identification towards athletic teams is affected by university legal scandals. If you have a few minutes to spare, please consider participating in my research. I would like to generate as much feedback as possible, to enhance the robustness of my research.

I appreciate your time in advance!

University Perception Survey_2.

Kindest regards,

Katie Brown, PhD
RegentCoverup
Can you present your bio, vita or academic background?
Sorry, I guess an intro is OUR job.

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/ksm/contact/pages/K.Brown.php

Wow! Look at the pedigree of the Sports Management department! And Double victory, she's an Aggie!

katie, unfortunately, I think you picked the wrong day to ask for free research help while we were just about to test the robotic process automation software..

RegentCoverup
Btw, if anyone wants to take this survey, it's a veiled attempt to prove that Baylor fans are some sort of heathens and it's done by a Tech/Ag grad with an agenda.

When you take the survey, skew it by alternating between favorable and unfavorable in the extreme. In short, be an outlier. Don't read the questions.

And Katie, there is no such thing as 'Agender'

Some comments:

-This is proof that governments crank out plenty of meaningless research. Your baseline is faulty. You'll need to compare it to something before you characterize any particular group. TRY TEXAS TECH!

-Your software is bad. I click on Louisville, it asks me questions about Michigan State.

-Your bias is obvious in the questions, but that's consistent with the agenda of your 'research.'
Yogi

jumpinjoe
All of the questions I was asked applied to Michigan State, even though I check Baylor alumni. I got no questions that applied to Bsylor. Since I don't care about Michigan State, not sure how my answers apply to a meaningful conclusion for this study.

Who May I Contact For More Information?
You may contact the Principal Investigator, Katie Brown, PhD, if you have any concerns or complaints about this research at katie.brown@ttu.edu. TTU also has a Board that protects the rights of people who participate in research. You can ask them questions at 806-7422064. You can also mail your questions to the Human Research Protection Program, Office of the Vice President for Research, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409 or email them to hrpp@ttu.edu.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
RegentCoverup
Btw, if you want to help skew the crap out of Katie's research, don't click not a fan of something.

You'll get this response:

Unfortunately, you DO NOT QUALIFY for this survey. Per the instructions, researchers are only surveying fans of the University of Louisville, Baylor University, and Michigan State University.

I laughed when it said "Researchers," but I'm filling it with responses...muahahahahahah
Grizz Air
All i know is aggy... NO THANKS!

Go baptize yourself.
xiledinok
51 year old transgendered Hispanic here. I didn't know I was getting to sign up to be a Louisville fan.
Malbec
xiledinok said:

51 year old transgendered Hispanic here. I didn't know I was getting to sign up to be a Louisville fan.
Liar. You haven't been 51 in a long time.
BUbearinARK
Totally not fibbing about being a msu fan 6 months or less. Much, much, much less.
RegentCoverup
I love being a 51 year old Asian female with a Master's making less than 20k.

Yogi
I was born a poor black child.
YoakDaddy
Yogi said:

But I'll bet your name is in the phone book!
Malbec
YoakDaddy said:

Yogi said:

But I'll bet your name is in the phone book!
What's a phone book?
contrario
That was fun. I can't imagine any meaningful data will be gathered from my responses, but no one probably reads these types of studies completed by Tech grads, so there is that.
RegentCoverup
contrario said:

That was fun. I can't imagine any meaningful data will be gathered from my responses, but no one probably reads these types of studies completed by Tech grads, so there is that.
You owe it to the taxpayers of Texas to demonstrate that maybe our system of education is falling behind because Texas A&M is giving Ph.d's in Sports Management.

Skew poll results accordingly.
Midnight Rider
Just for fun I answered the questions honestly best I could, but I question the validity of this survey.
RegentCoverup
Midnight Rider said:

Just for fun I answered the questions honestly best I could, but I question the validity of this survey.
the bias in the design tells you all you need to know.

It's meant as a criticism of Baylor folks.

should delete this.
ABC BEAR
I see she also lists 'Brand Management' as an interest. How about polling Baylor fans on their interest in seeing the team take the field wearing the school colors?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Hey, Katie.

No.
YoakDaddy
Most likely it's a poll to see how much of a setback it would be to hire Briles at Tech after they cut Kliff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.