2019 Rock Hall Nominees

2,724 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mitch Blood Green
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-10-09-def-leppard-ratm-stevie-nicks-the-cure-headline-2019-rock-hall-nominees?mid=76719&rid=21444982&sc=email&pname=newsletter&cid=NATIONAL&keyid=National%20iHeart%20Daily%20Classic%20Rock&campid=headline1_readmore

Rapper, actor and multi-time GRAMMYs host LL Cool J and German electronic music pioneers Kraftwerk have each been nominated four times. While U.K. rock/pop group The Zombies have been previously nominated three times.

But this year's class also includes some heavy-hitting first-time nominees. Def Leppard and Stevie Nicks have never been nominated previously (excluding Nicks' 1998 induction as part of Fleetwood Mac). New wave legends Devo and dynamic genre-shapeshifter Todd Rundgren are also among the first-time nominees.

Keyser Soze
Who ya got?

Big Player my first year at Baylor -

Keyser Soze
Stevie kinda did something for me back in the day

Keyser Soze
Maybe my favorite 90s tune

Keyser Soze
This one is already in the strip club HOF (I just know)

Keyser Soze

The dark period

Keyser Soze
Stranger
I've seen it in person, but I think HOF is really beginning to suck. Jann Wenner picks the nominees himself. Some great artists are ignored while artists that have one hit get in. Sad.

Where is Johnny Rivers?
Peter, Paul & Mary
Doobie Brothers
Procol Harum
Ben E King
Jan and Dean
Guess Who
Willie Nelson
Joe Cocker
Dick Dale
Chuck Willis
Gram Parsons
Link Wray
Jethro Tull
Tina Turner
Carole King
Monkees
Big Mama Thornton

I could go on
Stranger
And how could you leave out master of the Telecaster, Roy Buchanan?
Keyser Soze
Agree
Bone Squad
I see Judas Priest is somehow not nominated once again. Nor Iron Maiden. I'll just have to go on not taking the Hall of Fame seriously.
Stranger
Bone Squad said:

I see Judas Priest is somehow not nominated once again. Nor Iron Maiden. I'll just have to go on not taking the Hall of Fame seriously.

You are correct. I never listened to either group but I know they were popular. Probably need to be in.
Mr Tulip
My thought criterion was always, "Were they a game changer?". By that, do they exemplify (not necessarily be the originator since that's impossible to determine) a genre or spirit of music that hadn't really been heard until that entity created their sound?

To that end, I'd go with Todd Rundgren (he should have designed the RRHoF), The Cure, Kraftwerk, Devo, and probably the MC5.

Mitch Blood Green
Keyser Soze said:

Maybe my favorite 90s tune

That might be my least favorite Radiohead song. They have so much greatness.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.