* * Sic'em365 Lunch in Dallas...

6,819 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stranger
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who's up for another?

Its definitely in Dallas this time.

We had a great time at Rodeo Goat. Its easy to get to. And fantastic food!

But I'm not glued to it

Dates are open.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Something closer to civilization...
Mitch Blood Green
The Lodge
Assassin
we've also done Papadeuxs over on 75 in Richardson and Papasitos over on 35 and Loop 12 (close the old stadium)

We did Gas Monkey, but those may be the most uncomfortable chairs in the history of restaurants. what the hell was Richard thinking

Katy Trail Ice House was fun. We almost ditched tommie there. But there's a reason his nickname is 'that bad penny'
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
We could do Tom Garrisons place, Stonleigh P on Maple.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/stoneleigh-p-dallas
Assassin
What say you?
BearChick
Maybe something along DNT?
Greenbear
How have I missed this? Location doesn't matter. I'm in.
Mitch Blood Green
Greenbear said:

How have I missed this? Location doesn't matter. I'm in.

Location matters.
twowinns
Count me in.
GarlandBear84
I work near the Galleria, so it depends on the date and a location within 15 minutes or so. All the ones I've attended in the past have been fun. Now we have a bowl win to discuss.
Assassin
A few thoughts

Rodeo Goat - 1926 Market Center Blvd - west of downtown a bit, great place, great food, if the weather's nice, we can sit outside. Shannon Wynne's place (8.0 and Tango). Would go there again in a heartbeat

Katy Trail Ice House - 3127 Routh - close to Turtle Creek. Great outdoor or indoor setup. Would also go there with no hesitation

Stoneleigh P - 2926 Maple. Tom Garrison's place. His daughter Laura runs it out. Great food and we've never met there. Easy access off the Tollway, close enough to downtown, yet far enough away. Would love to try it out

Gas Monkey - 35 and Loop 12. Okay, uncomfortable seating. I wanted it to be better than it was. Not a huge fan but wouldnt be against it if the mob wants it

Papadeauxs in Richardson - been there. Nothing wrong with it

Papasitos on 35 and Loop 12. Solid TexMex. Been there. Nothing wrong with it
BaylorGrad&Dad
Paul, this is your party, so you made the decisions on Where and When. Call it! (Just remember, there will people who love your decisions, while others will throw rocks at you. However the chips fall, just be strong and don't get let anyone make you second guess yourself.)

P. S.: Sorry about the sarcasm, but I know that organizing these events is a thankless job......
Assassin
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Paul, this is your party, so you made the decisions on Where and When. Call it! (Just remember, there will people who love your decisions, while others will throw rocks at you. However the chips fall, just be strong and don't get let anyone make you second guess yourself.)

P. S.: Sorry about the sarcasm, but I know that organizing these events is a thankless job......
I like to get input. That way if we got to a rotten establishment, I can play the blame game
Sampi82
Rodeo Goat, Katy Trail Ice House and Stoneleigh P (haven't been there in ages) all sound good.
Assassin
Sampi82 said:

Rodeo Goat, Katy Trail Ice House and Stoneleigh P (haven't been there in ages) all sound good.
I dont think I've been there since the first one burned down!
Sampi82
Assassin said:

Sampi82 said:

I dont think I've been there since the first one burned down!

Same here - and a while for me well before the former burned down.
Assassin
Lets do Stoneleigh P then this time. We did two mid cities in a row - I think we can do a couple of Dallas ones now.

The P it is!
Bearman
How about something further north for us suburban and rural types?
Assassin
Bearman said:

How about something further north for us suburban and rural types?
Definitely in a future one. We've had a ton of these

This one is gonna be the P.
Assassin
This is gonna be the 65-5 lunch, 65th overall, 5th since the Galactic forces merged
S11
Staff
What's the latest on this?
Assassin
S11 said:

What's the latest on this?
Its gonna be a the P. Date to yet be decided. Hopefully you can make it

We do our best to ask for places and dates so the most folks can come.

Thinking January 18th, that would be a Friday. 11:30am to get in before the crowd.

Feedback on the date?

I will get hold of Laura or Tom to reserve us a place. They dont normally reserve but she will do it for me (I think)
BaylorGrad&Dad
I can do the 25th, but not the 18th. But don't move for me.....
Assassin
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I can do the 25th, but not the 18th. But don't move for me.....
I'm not tied to a date. Fridays usually make the most sense for the group though
Assassin
Stoneleigh P on Maple, easy access of Dallas Tollway, Friday Jan 25, 11:30am

who's a go?
Assassin
https://www.yelp.com/biz/stoneleigh-p-dallas
Assassin
Scott - there's beer...
Sampi82
Assassin said:

Stoneleigh P on Maple, easy access of Dallas Tollway, Friday Jan 25, 11:30am

who's a go?

Count me in.
BaylorGrad&Dad
I'll see you guys there.
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I'll see you guys there.

I think I can make that.
BU79
I'm in
Brian Ethridge
Staff
30+ minutes from the office. Can't make it
BearChick
Brian Ethridge said:

30+ minutes from the office. Can't make it

Unfortunately, same here.
FoundationHouse
I can usually drive over from FW for lunch but cant that day. Hope to make the next one.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.