* * History of Playboy of Dallas

2,393 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorGrad&Dad
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thought you might enjoy a little snapshot of history I did - how Playboy came to Texas

https://memoriesofdallas.org/playboy/

#MemoriesofDallas
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BaylorGrad&Dad
I'll admit I was a member around 1979....
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

You were a young pervert.
BaylorGrad&Dad
Yes, I'm sure I was!
Assassin

I was there the night they took this shot
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Wow, you were just a little hunk Assassin. Oh, the article was good. Thank you for posting.
Assassin
Part 2 will be out today. Should be fun
Assassin
Playboy, Part 2 https://memoriesofdallas.org/playboy2/
bularry
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Do tell
Wichitabear
Lol
Assassin
Barby on the left and Ruby on the right
BaylorGrad&Dad
bularry said:

BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Do tell
If I recall correctly, I actually joined Playboy in St. Louis, so I had access in Dallas, too. I probably spent more time in the St. Louis club than Dallas as I was a corporate auditor for Rockwell International, and I was on long-term assignment in SL. Living in Garland at the time, I tried to take advantage of my membership, so I would drop into the Dallas location from time-to-time. Not much going on. One of the perks was supposedly that I could pick up my copy of Playboy magazine at any time (for the articles, of course). Sounds good, but the only thing they ever had was Oui which I believe was something like Playgirl. Not interested.

As stated, I spent most of my time in SL, and I remember playing pool with one of my co-workers (SMU grad who lived with one of the on-air fixtures at KZEW (Pecos45, I'm paging you!)), anyway, I remember one of the bunnies coming by after about 10 minutes telling me that if we wanted to play pool any more that we would have to pay $25 for monopolizing the pool table. We soon departed.

Meanwhile, back in Dallas, I briefly dated a young lady (I won't tell you her name but her initial were 'Sandra'), and we and another couple (she is long since deceased) went to the club one night for a Herman's Hermit's concert, sans Peter Noon. The venue was quite small and enjoyable. I particularly remember the 'Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter' routine.

Very soon after, the Club was shuttered.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.