A Moment of your Time

1,822 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cms186
cms186
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those that dont know, my Mum passed away last week after a shortish battle with a rare, very aggressive form of Cancer, whilst she was in pain, we did at least get to have a final Family Christmas together and got to say some things to each other we might not have been able to otherwise, she was a Good Person and didnt deserve what happened to her, but it is what it is and whilst she may gone in Body, she will remain with me forever.

My Family has started a JustGiving page to raise some funds to do something in honour of my Mum, she was a passionate member of the Brownie Guides, i think you have them in the US, she was a Brownie as a young Girl and was a Brownie Leader for over 30 years and always enjoyed doing something with them, I think partly because she never had a Daughter of her own (just me and my Brother!). She always felt Flowers at a Funeral were a waste, because most of them would just get thrown out, so we're asking people to donate to this instead, to raise some funds to give to the Brownies in some manner.

Hopefully some of you can spare a few bucks or something to donate some money for my Mum, or even just publicise it via your Social Media accounts, its going to a good cause!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/michael-schofield-1

I'm the English Guy
Mr Tulip
My sympathies for your loss. Your mum sounds like a fantastic woman. I'm glad there was one more Christmas, and if the outcome were inevitable and painful, I'm grateful it was seen through quickly.

A good parent gives themselves into their child. Bless you for taking her light forward into a time where her body could not go.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Sorry for your loss. I think its a great idea to honor your mother this way. Glad you got the last Christmas. My dad passed in August so this was our first family Christmas without him. It was tough and I honestly dont think I will ever go back for Christmas. I will kick in a little.
robby44
Sorry for your loss
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I am very sorry for your loss, Chris. Your Mom sounds like she was a great lady.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
cms186
cms186 said:

For those that dont know, my Mum passed away last week after a shortish battle with a rare, very aggressive form of Cancer, whilst she was in pain, we did at least get to have a final Family Christmas together and got to say some things to each other we might not have been able to otherwise, she was a Good Person and didnt deserve what happened to her, but it is what it is and whilst she may gone in Body, she will remain with me forever.

My Family has started a JustGiving page to raise some funds to do something in honour of my Mum, she was a passionate member of the Brownie Guides, i think you have them in the US, she was a Brownie as a young Girl and was a Brownie Leader for over 30 years and always enjoyed doing something with them, I think partly because she never had a Daughter of her own (just me and my Brother!). She always felt Flowers at a Funeral were a waste, because most of them would just get thrown out, so we're asking people to donate to this instead, to raise some funds to give to the Brownies in some manner.

Hopefully some of you can spare a few bucks or something to donate some money for my Mum, or even just publicise it via your Social Media accounts, its going to a good cause!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/michael-schofield-1

thanks so much to all who donated, over 1500 atm, hopefully we can get to 2000!
I'm the English Guy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.