Baylor campus IHOP is officially closed now

3,665 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bularry
GoldenBear007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bularry
Ate many a omelette and short stack there 87-89
BellCountyBear
Brian Ethridge
Staff

via GIPHY

OsoCoreyell
Awesome. Now, just need to get rid of the Exxon and we'll have nice looking "front yard."
Wichitabear
Yes but when I look at it, well, I get a little misty eyed. Lol stupid, I know
PartyBear
Is Baylor going to use the building and not level it? It looks like the roof has been painted or replaced with a dark gray roof. I don't know why the roof color would be changed if they were tearing it down.
Malbec
I read a story about a survey of people under the age of 30, where only 18% knew what the acronym KFC stood for. I wonder what the % are for IHOP?
OsoCoreyell
Malbec said:

I read a story about a survey of people under the age of 30, where only 18% knew what the acronym KFC stood for. I wonder what the % are for IHOP?
IN HOC OSTIUM PERFERES
Stranger
OsoCoreyell said:

Awesome. Now, just need to get rid of the Exxon and we'll have nice looking "front yard."

I've been told that is one of the most profitable convenience stores anywhere. Baylor has tried to buy that place several times without success. Baylor wants the store to go away but the students love it!!
I'm a Bearbacker
Aliceinbubbleland
OsoCoreyell said:

Malbec said:

IN HOC OSTIUM PERFERES
Time to call the plumber.
Moondoggie
I miss the global appeal of The International House of Pancakes. I miss being hungover and hungry for pancakes and trying the different syrups.
Saddens me.
cowboycwr
Malbec said:

I think after the fiasco/ stunt of changing to IHOB this summer many people know it just because of that.
PartyBear
pitchman said:

I miss the global appeal of The International House of Pancakes. I miss being hungover and hungry for pancakes and trying the different syrups.
Saddens me.
I thought they had different syrups now unless you were talking about that specific IHOP. I too remember vaguely the old signage when it was current where I lived as kid when all IHOPs looked like the Baylor one. Although if memory serves me, I think the old signage stayed up at that Baylor one well after the logo etc had changed perhaps like into the mid to late 80s maybe?? Kind of like the now old vintage mid 60s era sign and building is still up at the Arby's on VM Drive--which I think is cool.
ScottS
Two Minnies will open there
Redbrickbear
anyone know if they have torn it down yet?
boognish_bear
This news displeases me

ABC BEAR
My sources tell me that whatever goes in there will feature All-You-Can-Eat-Pancakes on Wednesday's and pipe the smell of bacon into all of the buildings on campus. Sad note; there will be no resurrection of the Rooty-Tooty Fresh and Fruity because it doesn't sound Baptist enough.
MrGolfguy
Redbrickbear said:

anyone know if they have torn it down yet?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
bularry
ABC BEAR said:

My sources tell me that whatever goes in there will feature All-You-Can-Eat-Pancakes on Wednesday's and pipe the smell of bacon into all of the buildings on campus. Sad note; there will be no resurrection of the Rooty-Tooty Fresh and Fruity because it doesn't sound Baptist enough.

Rooty Tooty was at Denny's, right?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.