Midlife Crisis

8,428 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Yogi
midgett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You fear being attractive to someone if something happened to you wife.
While we shouldn't expect a young model, remember there are more single women looking than men. You will be in demand if you are a good man. That shouldn't be a fear.

Men's Health article about affairs. This assumes your wife is living. My marriage is better now after nearly 30 years than ever before. I'm at zero risk of an affair (unless tommie and I connect on Grinder). It's because I value and cherish my wife. Do the same and enjoy your marriage.
Canada2017
fadskier said:

Canada2017 said:

fadskier said:

Hitting me hard...freaking out about my age...things I haven't done...things I wanted to do. I hate this.

Serious answer ......

Book a white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon with Arizona River Runners or the Yampa River with OARS.

Spend the next 60 days getting healthy and fit . Then DO IT.

Will cleanse your spirit.

I lifted weights and jogged for 1.5 hours five days for the past two weeks. I've always exercised but I am ramping it up.

Like the idea of white water rafting...never done that before.

To raft the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon will take 8-9 days with Arizona River Runners . Approx 260 miles
Amazing experience.....will make you live in the moment. Check their web site.

The Yampa River through Dinosaur National Monument is every bit as exciting/challenging/gorgeous.....but only takes 4 days to do approx 100 miles. Have used OARS several times .

There are serious- potentially dangerous rapids on both routes . More in the Grand Canyon . But man....you will see sights that less than 1 % of Americans ever see.

IMO May is the best month to do the Grand Canyon and early June is the only time to do the Yampa.

The Green River through the Gates of Lodore would be my 3rd choice .

fadskier
midgett said:

While we shouldn't expect a young model, remember there are more single women looking than men. You will be in demand if you are a good man. That shouldn't be a fear.

Men's Health article about affairs. This assumes your wife is living. My marriage is better now after nearly 30 years than ever before. I'm at zero risk of an affair (unless tommie and I connect on Grinder). It's because I value and cherish my wife. Do the same and enjoy your marriage.
So if I want to spice things up, I need to look for Tommie on Grindr?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Keyser Soze said:

The Hound said:

As a 26 year old - what are some things I should be doing now that I might regret not doing later on in life?

Kinda cliche but the old saying most of the regrets in life are the things we didn't do is so true.

I agree with this. In my 30's I was a single father with three kids. I got a job offer in Germany but I did what I thought was best for the kids and turned it down. Things went ok but I always wondered "what if?"

At 53 I looked into my retirement plan and realized I could retire with full medical and within $500 a month of my current pay. I put in for retirement the next day. I had worked full time plus since I was 15. My kids were grown and doing well. I got on the computer that night and found many opportunities. I hit the road and have had a blast. I been many places I never imagined I could go, had a lot of adventures, made friends all over the world and have never looked back.

Think about what you want out of life and do it. There is nothing wrong with staying home and rocking on the porch but dont be afraid to get off the porch either. Its a great big world out there.
Stranger
This sums it up.

I'm a Bearbacker
CSIBear
Canada2017 said:

fadskier said:

Canada2017 said:

fadskier said:

Hitting me hard...freaking out about my age...things I haven't done...things I wanted to do. I hate this.

Serious answer ......

Book a white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon with Arizona River Runners or the Yampa River with OARS.

Spend the next 60 days getting healthy and fit . Then DO IT.

Will cleanse your spirit.

I lifted weights and jogged for 1.5 hours five days for the past two weeks. I've always exercised but I am ramping it up.

Like the idea of white water rafting...never done that before.

To raft the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon will take 8-9 days with Arizona River Runners . Approx 260 miles
Amazing experience.....will make you live in the moment. Check their web site.

The Yampa River through Dinosaur National Monument is every bit as exciting/challenging/gorgeous.....but only takes 4 days to do approx 100 miles. Have used OARS several times .

There are serious- potentially dangerous rapids on both routes . More in the Grand Canyon . But man....you will see sights that less than 1 % of Americans ever see.

IMO May is the best month to do the Grand Canyon and early June is the only time to do the Yampa.

The Green River through the Gates of Lodore would be my 3rd choice .

Not even on the same scale but I was thinking of kayaking the Devils River one weekend or if I really get up to it that Texas Water Safari from the San Marcos River to the ocean sounds fun.
D. C. Bear
fadskier said:

How old are you?
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

midgett said:

I'm off the streets. And wear headphones all the time If not, I'd get in trouble.

Fad, that's good for you because I'm sitting by a 30 something and could easily get you stuck with child support.
fadskier
tommie said:

fadskier said:

midgett said:

I'm off the streets. And wear headphones all the time If not, I'd get in trouble.

Fad, that's good for you because I'm sitting by a 30 something and could easily get you stuck with child support.
You don't play anymore?
4th and Inches
fadskier said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

midgett said:

You don't play anymore?
he not a player, he just crush alot...
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

midgett said:

You don't play anymore?

Nope. Left the game 3 years ago.

Started out when I met this gorgeous 6'6" woman with what I thought was an "Eve's apple". Turned out to be Adams's. But just like when driving a car. Yes nice you committ to the turn, you have to finish.
fadskier
D. C. Bear said:

fadskier said:

How old are you?
50's
fadskier
tommie said:

fadskier said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

midgett said:

You don't play anymore?

Nope. Left the game 3 years ago.

Started out when I met this gorgeous 6'6" woman with what I thought was an "Eve's apple". Turned out to be Adams's. But just like when driving a car. Yes nice you committ to the turn, you have to finish.
Well, if you ever get lonely...
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

D. C. Bear said:

fadskier said:

How old are you?
50's

I believe we're the same age.
fadskier
tommie said:

fadskier said:

D. C. Bear said:

fadskier said:

How old are you?
50's

I believe we're the same age.
Life's good...great in fact....just wish I was 20's again....
RegentCoverup
I spent 15 years traveling, sorta rid me of a mid life fear. And by traveling I mean four continents, 30 countries, almost every major US city. Watched all my friends get married and a few divorced young. Kids, if you can't handle the cost of the divorce, dont' get married. it cripples people.

I'm grateful now to be in my own bed at night and in a city/country where I speak the language and I'm not having to look over my shoulder...but at some point in time, I'll go back to the travel game and adjust my career again to fit my lifestyle.

Hit me up if you want advice. I never marched to someone else's drumbeat.
fadskier
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I spent 15 years traveling, sorta rid me of a mid life fear. And by traveling I mean four continents, 30 countries, almost every major US city. Watched all my friends get married and a few divorced young. Kids, if you can't handle the cost of the divorce, dont' get married. it cripples people.

I'm grateful now to be in my own bed at night and in a city/country where I speak the language and I'm not having to look over my shoulder...but at some point in time, I'll go back to the travel game and adjust my career again to fit my lifestyle.

Interesting. so you are not married? Live in the USA? What area?

I've never traveled...not really, so the life you have lived thus far is very interesting.
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I've never traveled...not really, so the life you have lived thus far is very interesting.

Traveling globally is cool. There's also so much to see here. I'm hoping to be grounded, soon.
fadskier
tommie said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Traveling globally is cool. There's also so much to see here. I'm hoping to be grounded, soon.
I'm a big chicken. If I travel, I want to go with someone who has already been there so I can be told the do's and don'ts...
RegentCoverup
fadskier said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I'm a big chicken. If I travel, I want to go with someone who has already been there so I can be told the do's and don'ts...

Take a step back and look at that statement. That's exactly why you travel. I had a sort of dull job when I first graduated but my primary(and only) goal was to travel somewhere far away. So I hustled at a second gig at night to save up cash, crashed at friends places and came up with enough cash to cover a flight and train passes.

Should you do research before you go somewhere? Absolutely. But you don't need someone to hold your hand every step of the way, nah. Life begins when you step out onto the guidewire without a net.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

If he tells you, he will have to kill you!

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RegentCoverup
tommie said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Just putting this out there:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/02/amsterdams-mayor-prostitutes-should-not-be-a-tourist-attraction/
RegentCoverup
Nothing I do could be remotely that interesting but I will share one story that at least for me is about as cool as it gets. I was traveling through Germany, the weather sucked. It was cold, rainy, and as you'd expect not one German had so much as a grin. Just rainy, industrial Europe at it's finest. The positive? German beer sold in quart size containers for the ride home, and good stuff, too. I was in Gottingen, headed to Kassel, and sitting on the train platform coming from the opposition direction comes this massive train engine that's dirty, polluting and loud and it pulls in for a stop. It had a very miniature group of "Polizei" at the front of it and it was headed North. The train was pulling a shipment of about 7(8? 9? i was well into the beer) Leopard tanks that are one of their most important defense products that Germany exports.

Picture looked like this(not actual):
Closer view of tank:

That's about as 'cool' as my work gets.

Note: For anyone that's so inclined, there is a wonderful tank museum in Munster. Link, here: https://daspanzermuseum.de/en/
Mitch Blood Green
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/02/amsterdams-mayor-prostitutes-should-not-be-a-tourist-attraction/

She crazy. Amsterdam prostitutes is a must see in life.
fadskier
Just want to thank my Baylor family for the support and personal PM's. The crisis has passed for the most part. I was mostly surprised that the feelings even appeared and appeared with vengeance. I am having major changes in my life in the upcoming months (all good ones) but it just caught me off guard.
RegentCoverup
Ok guys, cross Fadskier off the road trip buddy list.

Quitter.
RegentCoverup
tommie said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

She crazy. Amsterdam prostitutes is a must see in life.
Yeah, she doesn't have her capitalist hat on.
fadskier
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quitter.
No, I'm in. Let's go! Can I bring alcohol?
xiledinok
RegentCoverup
fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quitter.
That's the first thing I like to pack!
KOKQB70
Wow, great thread and ideas, but some just like common things like working, raising family, living n Texas, and growing old. 2 small grandsons in Houston, visit monthly from San Antonio, 40th wedding anniversary coming in August, still selling for income with Social Security and too many bills, oh well, couple major screwups along the way, but Blessed by our Lord anyway, and 68 years old tomorrow, cant believe it, and love my Baylor family.
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Quitter.

When and where? I'm in. (Hopefully Notth Texas and I can get in).
RegentCoverup
Btw, I've got lots of colleagues that built out Land Cruisers and travel vans and then cross continents. I'm not brave enough to cross Africa, but I've known a few friends that built land Cruisers and then traveled from the Northernmost part of Alaska to Ushuaia, at the very tip of South America.

I don't ever hear them talk about hating traffic, stress, jobs, bosses, etc. Go figure.

Example of the inside of a build vehicle:

Yogi
All I can tell you is to get the following:

1. New toupee

2. Porsche

3. Viagra

4. Hawaiian Shirt

Pump up some hair metal and cry the night away!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.