Peloton - Sic_Em_365?

2,024 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CSIBear
SoTexBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know there are at least four of us on here who use a Peloton bike. Sic_Em_365 got a shoutout today for his/her 100th ride. Anyone want to fess up?

I'm PillsBEARyGOboy (formerly TheBaylorBear)
c/o 1993
Proud husband to another Bear and dad to a current Bear and future Bear!
SoTexBear
Anyone?
c/o 1993
Mr Tulip
I enthusiastically support anyone's exercise routine!

I'm an avid bike rider, but being terminally short of cash, I'm compelled to take my bicycles outside and ride them there.
SoTexBear
Mr Tulip said:

I'm an avid bike rider, but being terminally short of cash, I'm compelled to take my bicycles outside and ride them there.

With temps hitting triple digits, I'm thankful for an indoor option. I also love the metrics and community ties to Peloton. I was an anti-Peloton person for a couple of years before I actually tried it once my wife and I decided to buy one (in Chicago at the time so it was to have a fitness option without braving the frigid weather).
c/o 1993
Mr Tulip
SoTexBear said:

Mr Tulip said:

With temps hitting triple digits, I'm thankful for an indoor option. I also love the metrics and community ties to Peloton. I was an anti-Peloton person for a couple of years before I actually tried it once my wife and I decided to buy one (in Chicago at the time so it was to have a fitness option without braving the frigid weather).
It's a great option. I've never been "anti" Peloton. You'd better already have your stamina if you're riding in downtown Chicago! Great place to ride, but go means go there!

I usually ride to work here in Waco year round most days. I have my business clothes in a pannier bag and change once I quit sweating. I usually trundle around on a bright red Trek mountain bike kitted with lights, bags, and a sound system! I ride for exercise, so I don't mind the extra weight.

The front tire was flat this morning (realistically, the sidewall was failing, so I'll take the time to make repairs), so I rode the purple racer. It's like going 40mph sitting on a coat hanger! It turns quick, but doesn't stop fast, so I have to ride heads up. At 100psi, I feel every bump and pebble on the road!
JonSnow
SoTexBear said:

Mr Tulip said:

Does it make you want to exercise more? Is there a fair amount of resistance? Worth the monthly membership? If you do not want a membership, can you just ride it like a normal exercise bike with time and resistance?
SoTexBear
JonSnow said:

SoTexBear said:

Mr Tulip said:

Does it make you want to exercise more? Is there a fair amount of resistance? Worth the monthly membership? If you do not want a membership, can you just ride it like a normal exercise bike with time and resistance?
The content and community definitely inspire an accountability to exercise more. You do need to be proactive in finding your group to connect with (I like Power Zone and met some people from challenges organized on facebook and reddit).

The resistance knob allows you to dial in based on the type of workout you want. With Power Zone training, you do an "all out" 20 in ride to determine your functional threshold of power. Then that determines your output zones to implement during PZ workouts. I typically end up around 45-55 on my resistance, but can end up in the 70s or down in the 20s during the cooldown.

Based on the frequency my wife and I use it, it's 100% worth it. They've now added more strength classes (body weight, dumbbells, and resistance bands) as well as bootcamps incorporating the bike or a treadmill. My wife also started using their new Barre classes and says they're impressive. It's more than just a bike workout for the $39/mo. I think it comes to about $3/class last time I ran the numbers. But my frequency has increased significantly so I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to $2. You can "just ride" but that would be a pricey bike to "just ride".
c/o 1993
CSIBear
My wife and I don't own one of the bikes but we really enjoy the strength training, yoga, stretching and meditation classes. Not sure if we will purchase one of their bikes in the future. Maybe once people start selling them used for cheap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.