Just finished reading my 7yr old son the Never Ending Story.

1,822 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
Golem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(Insert joke about it never ending)

That is a fantastic kids book! And it's probably 5 times as deep and thoughtful as most books aimed at adults. Deals with issues of losing a parent, being alienated from the remaining one, bullying, poor self image, honor, responsibility, perseverance, sacrifice, betrayal, sinful pride, friendship, hope and sacrificial love. I mean that thing packs a whollap!

If you've got kids at the Harry Potter reading level, this book is great. It carries on past where the movie left off. Highly recommended.

drahthaar
Read Robert Ruark's Te Old Man and the Boy.
Wichitabear
My children read and owned the movie when they were little. It is great
saabing bear
Didn't care for the movie. Ending was a total cop out.
Wichitabear
Lololol
Moondoggie
Was told on the Cameron Park trails that my dog looked like the white dragon dog thing.
Moondoggie
And how do you finish a story that never ends? Isn't that called game of thrones?
FormerFlash
pitchman said:

And how do you finish a story that never ends? Isn't that called game of thrones?
Game of Thrones has been pretty succinct. I think you're thinking of the endless story loop of the Walking Dead.
Sic Everyone.
quash
pitchman said:

Bart Simpson and 4th grade.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.