Walking Dead

4,680 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no idea about how the comics play out and I'm not sure the the TV people are even following that script closely, but does Negan seem somewhat poised now to become a hero in saving Hilltop, Alexandria, and the Kingdom from the Whisperer's? I'm wondering if that character in the TV version is on the verge of major redemption.
YoakDaddy
The show now is only similar to the comic. I figure with Rick Grimes gone now and the actress playing Michone set to leave after this season, either AMC will cancel the show or hand it in total to the Negan and Darryl characters.

FTWD was a much better show until last season.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Man, that is a good show. It is pretty intense. If they can truly transform, Negan into a "good guy", that will be truly amazing. I figure he will be reunited with Lucille and all of his evil will instantly return!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
PartyBear
He briefly escaped and was reunited he walked through the the old saviors camp. He decided to turn himself back in to Alexandria and go back to his cell. Which makes me think they may be setting him up to become one of the lead good guys in the near future.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
In the comic Darryl is dead, Jesus is alive, Rick is missing an arm, Carl is alive, etc..

It has effectively gone off the rails and the shark is under the water skis.

FTWD has been better the past two seasons than TWD.

Side note, but Carl quitting that show has to be David Caruso level thinking.
Bear8084
Brian Ethridge said:

In the comic Darryl is dead, Jesus is alive, Rick is missing an arm, Carl is alive, etc..

There is no Daryl in the comics. And TWD is pretty much following the same timeline and major conflicts as the comics, just some character death changes and such.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bear8084 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

There is no Daryl in the comics. And TWD is pretty much following the same timeline and major conflicts as the comics, just some character death changes and such.
The guy based on his character is dead, no?
Bear8084
Brian Ethridge said:

Bear8084 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

There never was one.
YoakDaddy
Bear8084 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Bear8084 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

There never was one.

Correct. There never was a similar character to Darryl in the comic.
PartyBear
FTWD has improved significantly. It's first two years were not so good. It was weird how they fast forward between season 2 to season 3 by about 10 years and from Baja area of Mexico to Central Texas. Oddly enough there are only like two original characters still alive. So it is almost a new spin off show now from the original FTWD.
HuMcK
So FTWD is in Central Texas now? I dropped it after season 2 in Mexico and didn't see what direction they went after. They filmed some scenes at what used to be an old Wal-Mart in my Austin area hometown, that's pretty cool if it's actually set roughly where they're filming.
YoakDaddy
HuMcK said:

So FTWD is in Central Texas now? I dropped it after season 2 in Mexico and didn't see what direction they went after. They filmed some scenes at what used to be an old Wal-Mart in my Austin area hometown, that's pretty cool if it's actually set roughly where they're filming.

Yes. All of Season 4 was filmed in central Texas. The season was entire departure from Mexico as well as dang-near a whole new cast.
PartyBear
Yes post apocalypse DKR has even made a cameo. There was a scene where Morgan who has crossed over from WD was looking at a map to track where they were at one point. The camera panned to his finger on the map and it was just slightly east of Waco. When I say slightly, his finger was like on Axtell/Bellmead.
Moondoggie
FTWD is much better, but I do dig the whisper dudes.

WD has become little house on the prairie with zombies.

Meh, but I'll still watch.
BaylorTaxman
Tonight's episode..wow. Just wow.
Bear8084
BaylorTaxman said:

Tonight's episode..wow. Just wow.

A bigger name died in the comics, but I agree, seeing it on TV was still shocking and I still knew what was coming!
PartyBear
Yeah that ending was as bad as the ending of the episode in which Glenn was killed.
Coke Bear
That ending was brutal! I will miss many of those characters. People needed to die to keep the show real.
PartyBear
Well.....yes and no. I think this show is now poised to not end with a bang like Breaking Bad etc. I think this show has positioned itself to just wither on the vine. There are only two orginal cast members on the series and now only 3 longer term characters but not from season one or two still alive. It seems they will just let it die on its own once interest dies off. It could be in one year it could be in 4. In otherwords whenever the series finale occurs, it might be that no one including the producers and actors will know that it is in fact the series finale. AMC will just give them the news it isnt being renewed.
YoakDaddy
PartyBear said:

Well.....yes and no. I think this show is now poised to not end with a bang like Breaking Bad etc. I think this show has positioned itself to just wither on the vine. There are only two orginal cast members on the series and now only 3 longer term characters but not from season one or two still alive. It seems they will just let it die on its own once interest dies off. It could be in one year it could be in 4. In otherwords whenever the series finale occurs, it might be that no one including the producers and actors will know that it is in fact the series finale. AMC will just give them the news it isnt being renewed.

I could see AMC merging TWD and FTWD together.
Coke Bear
YoakDaddy said:

That would be cool, but I think FTWD would have to catch back up to TWD. IIRC, Morgan left before Rick died, He wandered his way to Texas and meet up with the FTWD crew. I believe that would have kept them in the same timeline.

Since then, TWD is now 6 years post Rick. Please let me know if this in not accurate.
YoakDaddy
Coke Bear said:

YoakDaddy said:

That would be cool, but I think FTWD would have to catch back up to TWD. IIRC, Morgan left before Rick died, He wandered his way to Texas and meet up with the FTWD crew. I believe that would have kept them in the same timeline.

Since then, TWD is now 6 years post Rick. Please let me know if this in not accurate.

I think that FTWD is 3 years behind. It took Morgan 3 to get to Texas. He doesn't even know Rick is dead (or is he?). FTWD could do a season of "wondering" to get FTWD to TWD.
PartyBear
I'm pretty sure Rick is supposed to still be alive with whatever civilization took him away in the ambulatory helicopter. The character was kept alive for some movies to be made about Rick. However those movies if ever made could take place during the time that has been jumped in WD.

I think it would be a mistake for FTWD to combine into the WD. Both shows would die then. FTWD is already a different show with an almost entirely new cast from its season one and about 10 years after the events of season 1 in an entirely different part of the country. They did a tremendous time and geography jump to almost create a new show from FTWD.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Rick survived with Jadus when she called in the helicopter.
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

Rick survived with Jadus when she called in the helicopter.

Yeah....that's kinda weird...gotta keep him alive for a movie or two I guess.
PartyBear
I didn't quite get who that was supposed to be on the final shot of the season. Who's voice was that supposed to be breaking in over the communication radio when no one was in the room?
Bear8084
PartyBear said:

I didn't quite get who that was supposed to be on the final shot of the season. Who's voice was that supposed to be breaking in over the communication radio when no one was in the room?

Maybe Maggie or someone elsewhere who heard.
PartyBear
I thought the actress who plays Michonne was also leaving his season. The season ended with her character still part of the show.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
That episode just sucked
PartyBear
The season should have ended the previous episode with some long time main character's heads on the pikes.
Tiny Elvis
The should reboot Breaking Bad and combine it with TWD. They could fight the zombies better if they were all on meth.
HuMcK
Tiny Elvis said:

The should reboot Breaking Bad and combine it with TWD. They could fight the zombies better if they were all on meth.

In one of the earlier seasons, 2 or 3 I think, Merle (or maybe it was Daryll?) actually did have a baggy of blue meth at one point. So theoretically, Breaking Bad and TWD may already be in the same universe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.