Endgame Talk

3,620 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Golem
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, I won't be going this weekend. Can't get a ticket. This looks like the biggest movie EVER. $1Billion worldwide on opening weekend?
4th and Inches
No spoilers!!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mitch Blood Green
No spoilers!
Mitch Blood Green
On the news this morning, they had people who went to a 2:00AM showing of what is a three hour movie AFTER previews.

I'm so old, I didn't know they even had a 2:00AM.
Gold Tron
My son and his friends went last night in Waco. Had to buy their tickets before Easter break. He said it was very good. I didn't want to know any more than that.
HenryTheOctopus
I went last night. I think any fan of this franchise will love this movie. It was fantastic! Anyone who gives any spoilers should be banned.
fuentbu1
It was fantastic.

No spoilers here, but I will say you cant casually watch this without knowing what has come before.

This movie was 100% for the fans who have watched since the beginning.
HenryTheOctopus
Do a google search for "Thanos" and then click on the picture of the gauntlet. Pretty cool.
4th and Inches
tommie said:

On the news this morning, they had people who went to a 2:00AM showing of what is a three hour movie AFTER previews.

I'm so old, I didn't know they even had a 2:00AM.
some theaters are running 24 hours a day thru sunday evening(basically reeling the movie 96 hours straight)
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
fuentbu1 said:

It was fantastic.

No spoilers here, but I will say you cant casually watch this without knowing what has come before.

do i need to have seen like all 22 films or just most of them? lol I think i have seen 15+ but not all of them

–Horace

Mitch Blood Green
HenryTheOctopus said:

Do a google search for "Thanos" and then click on the picture of the gauntlet. Pretty cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/b2puzz/j_lo_has_been_gathering_stones_as_if_she_was/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
HenryTheOctopus
Gruvin said:

fuentbu1 said:

It was fantastic.

do i need to have seen like all 22 films or just most of them? lol I think i have seen 15+ but not all of them
Depends on which ones you didn't see. I didn't see all of the early ones, but I've seen every one since Winter Soldier and I was fine. If you didn't see a movie about a particular character (like Ant Man), you might not follow the parts of the movie that touch on his story.
Mr Tulip
I saw the last 30 minutes of the last movie to be released about 2 weeks ago. Last week, I saw an hour of some deal where a raccoon and a green girl were beating up some guys who looked like Rammstein over a blue rock.
The hockey game came an at that point, so I didn't catch it all.
No Longer Gold
Do I need to see captain marvel before end game?
fuentbu1
DubDub said:

Do I need to see captain marvel before end game?

Not necessarily, but watching it gives an answer as to why she hasn't been involved since the beginning especially since her story takes place before every other film besides Captain America: The First Avenger.

If you have a chance to watch it, I would. I enjoyed it too.
TenBears
I hadn't seen any other than the first two Ironman, capn America and the first Guradiabs. So the missus and I fired up our big complicated TV and watched infinity war to get ready. I'd say we had no clue about what was happening about 35% of the time, but still enjoyed it. Was completely lost in the scenes with the red guy and the smoking hot redhead. Thanos I didn't know from Adams housecat but thought he was a surprisingly nuanced bad guy. We're going to rest up for a week but are looking forward to Endgame. Look for the two old confused people with cocktails.
4th and Inches
HenryTheOctopus said:

Gruvin said:

fuentbu1 said:

It was fantastic.

Depends on which ones you didn't see. I didn't see all of the early ones, but I've seen every one since Winter Soldier and I was fine. If you didn't see a movie about a particular character (like Ant Man), you might not follow the parts of the movie that touch on his story.
makes sense... will try to fill in the gaps before watching(ant man is one i havent seen)

Not sure i can be this hard core...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mcu-timeline-watch-order-marvel-cinematic-universe-film-movie-tv-show-netflix-avengers-black-panther-a8420876.html%3famp
Mitch Blood Green
Gruvin said:

HenryTheOctopus said:

Gruvin said:

fuentbu1 said:

It was fantastic.

makes sense... will try to fill in the gaps before watching(ant man is one i havent seen)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mcu-timeline-watch-order-marvel-cinematic-universe-film-movie-tv-show-netflix-avengers-black-panther-a8420876.html%3famp

He can do without

Thor
Galaxy
Iron Man 3
Hulk
The first Avengers movie.

I'd see Iron Man, Dr. Strange Pulp Fiction, Django (it's where you'll learn all about Nick Fury) and possibly Captain Marvel.
quash
Gruvin said:

HenryTheOctopus said:

Gruvin said:

fuentbu1 said:

It was fantastic.

Thanks for the list, I had seen 17 of the movies and nothing else until yesterday. Re-watched Infinity War Thursday as a review.Had a blast. Showing every thirty minutes at the local Cinemark.
Edit: 18. Ant Man and Wasp. Important to Endgame but otherwise forgettable.
Mitch Blood Green
$1.2 B global sales over the weekend.
quash
tommie said:

Put up my 9 bucks. Almost twice that in some places.
quash
Also, you parents who brought two and three and fifteen year olds to the movie? **** you.

The toddlers are clueless, restless and whiny and rightfully, predictably so. And that 15 yr old girl live tweeting the movie needs her charger quarantined.
Mitch Blood Green
https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/man-spoils-avengers-endgame-to-moviegoers-gets-beaten-up.html
Mitch Blood Green
quash said:

tommie said:

Put up my 9 bucks. Almost twice that in some places.

Yes hope to get in next weekend. No spoilers.
TechDawgMc
Saw it last night. It was a good ending for the main story arc. I was pretty pissed at the ending of Infinity War (since it was obviously not an ending) but thought they redeemed themselves reasonably well with this one.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Also, you parents who brought two and three and fifteen year olds to the movie? **** you.

The toddlers are clueless, restless and whiny and rightfully, predictably so. And that 15 yr old girl live tweeting the movie needs her charger quarantined.
AckAckAckAckAck!!!! The only thing worse is having toddlers/ babies at weddings. I just don't get it. If you can't find a damn babysitter, just stay home!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wichitabear
Lololol so agree
Golem
Reposted on spoilers post w more detail ***
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.