Emmy Lou Harris vs Alison Kraus

3,654 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SMack
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who and why?
Stranger
No contest really.

Emmylou.

Longer and better resume going back to sharing the stage with Gram Parsons, James Burton, Townes Van Zandt, Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton.

Allison is great. Pretty sure Allison once bought a ticket to watch Emmylou. Pretty sure Emmylou never bought a ticket to see Allison.

If you could hear an angel sing she would sound like Emmylou Harris.
I'm a Bearbacker
LIB,MR BEARS
but, but, but this...

Stranger
Allison has a beautiful strong voice but nothing as pure as this
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger

I'm a Bearbacker
mtbmarc
Alison Krauss is my favorite female artist probably followed by Norah Jones. Emmylou Harris is really good too. I think it depends on whose work you identify with more.

FWIW, Alison has 27 Grammys.

william
Dale?
Fat Daddy
LIB,MR BEARS said:

but, but, but this...

Just copied from YouTube and was going to post it on the songs thread! This is about as pure as it gets!
Fat Daddy
Stranger, at least post a better song... this Jackson Browne cover will work just fine...

For a Dancer - Emmylou and Linda

Mr Tulip
william said:

One of my absolute favorites. I enjoyed "If This is Goodbye" before I ever heard the story behind it.
I usually listen to "All the Roadrunning" before every opening night, to sort of remind myself of what the craft means.
curtpenn
Long, long-time Emmy Lou fan here; bought probably all of her albums from the '70s in the '70s (mostly while I was at Baylor). That said, she can get a little nasally and I prefer her singing/harmonizing with someone else such as Gram Parsons or Linda Ronstadt. The blending seems to offset some of the nasal tone. FWIW, spent my freshman year at Baylor as a voice major and stayed in the A Cappella choir for several years, so I'm maybe overly critical about some vocal issues. Give me Allison for solos.
curtpenn
Fat Daddy said:

Stranger, at least post a better song... this Jackson Browne cover will work just fine...

For a Dancer - Emmylou and Linda

Such a fine album start to finish.

https://tidal.com/album/7760886
lrwells50
I like both, but Emmy Lou is the best.
Mr Tulip

william
Mr Tulip said:

william said:

One of my absolute favorites. I enjoyed "If This is Goodbye" before I ever heard the story behind it.
I usually listen to "All the Roadrunning" before every opening night, to sort of remind myself of what the craft means.
opening night?

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.

BID

{ eating orange }
Dale?
BellCountyBear
AK for the win.
quash
I'm with Robert Plant: AK "Raising Sand"
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
deemus
What kind of question is this? That's like asking Lad Zepplin vs Beatles.
SMack
WOWY?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.