How much do you drink?

11,005 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As y'all know, I love me some spirits...so I am taking a poll...out of the seven day week, how many days do you drink and how many drinks do you have (if a drink = one beer/one glass of wine/1.5 ounces of liquor)

I'll go first...I usually drink Friday and Saturday....can drink anywhere from 8-16 ounces of hard liquor on each night...Please no judging.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
drahthaar
fadskier said:

As y'all know, I love me some spirits...so I am taking a poll...out of the seven day week, how many days do you drink and how many drinks do you have (if a drink = one beer/one glass of wine/1.5 ounces of liquor)

I'll go first...I usually drink Friday and Saturday....can drink anywhere from 8-16 ounces of hard liquor on each night...Please no judging.
Damn.
lrwells50
Usually a glass of wine 3 or 4 nights a week, and a margarita on the weekend.
Oldbear83
I have about 3 beers a year. Used to love whiskey, but not a dram since 2002.
Malbec
Quote:

How much do you drink?
How much have ya got?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I used to drink only on days that end in y. Have cut back a bunch in the last six months. Have lost 40 pounds. Drink primarily wine and beer these days. I cannot drink hard liquor like I used to.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mr Tulip
I've been trying to slow it down, and for the most part have. I'll likely have a moderate glass of box wine at the end of a weekday before bed.

I prefer hard liquor. On the weekends, I try to stay within 3 glasses (real, 3 oz or so pours per glass) of Scotch or Irish Whiskey if I'm staying at home. During the summer, I may lighten it up with Caipirinhas or a Hurricane. My wife enjoys Manhattans from time to time, as well.
william
still getting high on coffee and donuts.

works for me.

- KKM

lennybrucewasnotafraidnopenosirreebobtail.....
quash
Nothing like I used to, down to damn near none. Wedding last weekend: one champagne-cranberry thing for toasting.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Hob Howelll
When I was single and living in Austin, I would have 2-3 beers a night. I quit drinking altogether a couple months ago because my fiancees family has a history of alcoholism, and for health reasons (losing weight)
BaylorGuy314
On an average day, none.

I love a cold beer on lake days, tailgating, vacation, etc. Rum when I'm on the beach. I'll have bourbon neat in certain situations and champagne on celebratory occasions.

4th and Inches
Almost never during the week but the hotter weather weekend varies from a couple of beers to margaritas or rum punch depending on the mood... enjoy a hot spiked cider or an irish coffee in the winter.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
SSadler
Couple of years ago I asked Ethridge to teach me how to drink. He gave me a bunch of stuff to buy and some mixes (beer was out of the question because of it's puke taste.

I tried; I really tried. I was weary of the prescription sleep medication.and just wanted a legal, responsible way to wind down in the evenings and get some sleep.

Hard liquor I could not stomach. Not a moral thing; just a palate thing. A Beer I could chugalug at 8,9, 10 pm, and that seemed to help a little in getting me to sleep. But damned if an hour after going to sleep I was up having to pee ever hour on the hour.

So I'm back to where was as a "goody-two shoes" youth in high school and at Baylor--no booze for me!--not even the recent "near bear" or the sweetest of wines. It all just tastes nasty.

lrwells50
Try a RemFresh before going to bed. My sleep doctor recommended them. They're available on Amazon. I started with the 2 mg, but I couldn't tell they did anything, so I'm now taking 5 mg. The doc said I could go up to 7 mg, but he preferred I took the 5.
BellCountyBear
Around 4 ounces of bourbon on ice every night before bed. I sleep like a baby and no hangover ever.
KOKQB70
8 ounces of bourbon on ice, sleep like baby also.
YoakDaddy
Used to love love love to drink beer, but I found out that 1 turns into 2 turns into 12. Then as I got older, I found it doesn't agree with me anymore. I might drink 1 or 2 a year now. I switched to whiskey several years ago. I don't drink that much...I might buy 5 or 6 bottles per year, but dam it's good.
Edmond Bear
Partied and drank like a fish in Catholic high school. Haven't had tequila straight since my freshman year at Baylor when I drank so much it tasted like water.

Now, I drink socially or something really cold on a beach (beer or pina colada).

At home, I keep a 6 pack in the fridge but it will last a month. I make an occasional Old Fashioned but it's usually to learn a new technique.

When I go out with friends or for work, I happen to stop around 2, maybe 3 drinks. It's not a rule for me. Just seems to work out that way.
Mitch Blood Green
More than I should. I finish a call around 12:30. Will have a margarita after a run. Likely wine with dinner tonight. Again tomorrow. Likely a drink on the plane Sunday. A drink on the plane Thursday, rinse repeat.
Aliceinbubbleland
I use to shake my head at my Dad when he and his wife would stagger around at the Petroleum Club after downing a few Cutty Sarks and Water.

Now I'm as bad with my Jack Daniels for openers, wine with supper and wine before retiring to bed. I've managed to gain 20 pounds in 10 years. Lately I've offset the Jack with beer but the weight doesn't change.

When you're over 80 you just keep buying expanding belts for your jeans.
D. C. Bear
I will have a glass of wine about once a year. Just not my thing.
syme
I'm up at 0400 every day so 1 beer/weeknight, almost no exceptions. Day drinking most Saturdays during CFB season.
Golem
None for 3 months.
fadskier
GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.
Good for you...I think. I started just one night per week now.
muddybrazos
i had a couple of glasses of wine on weds at dinner. I save all my drinking for Fri/Sat and have anywhere from 3-8 drinks depending.
william
bit of a binge here..........

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating 57th cake donut in last 2436 hrs }

D!

{ stands up, faces group } Hello, my name is LFS and I am a fat man. Thank you. { sits down }
lennybrucewasnotafraidnopenosirreebobtail.....
Edmond Bear

Cake donuts are the bomb.
Golem
fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

I live with what I call "Extreme Moderation". It means I live like a king for months at a time and then like pauper (near complete self denial) for the rest of the time. It averages out to "moderate" and let's me enjoy life when appropriate and be in complete control otherwise. This is a period of complete control...no booze.
Oldbear83
GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

I live with what I call "Extreme Moderation". It means I live like a king for months at a time and then like pauper (near complete self denial) for the rest of the time. It averages out to "moderate" and let's me enjoy life when appropriate and be in complete control otherwise. This is a period of complete control...no booze.
Does your liver get a vote?
Golem
Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

I said like a king, not Keith Richards.
Oldbear83
GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

So, like the king in the Bud Light commercials, then?
Golem
Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

Not sure. I don't watch US television.
fadskier
GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

I know I've asked before. Where do you live?
Golem
fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

Been in Greece for the last few years.
fadskier
GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

GolemIII said:

fadskier said:

GolemIII said:

None for 3 months.

Been in Greece for the last few years.
Wow. Things getting any better over there?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.