Vaughan Brothers documentary

3,326 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by J.R.
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On September 19, the night before Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival, the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff will show a sneak peek of my documentary film about the Vaughan brothers. You'll see and hear up close and personal stories about Jimmie and Stevie from Clapton, Billy Gibbons, Jackson Browne and Nile Rodgers, not to mention Jimmie Vaughan and a host of Oak Cliff bandmates who grew up with the brothers.

This is a cleaned up, tighter version of the one we showed last year. "Mo bettah" as they say.

Here's the new trailer.

Tix go on sale Monday.
Be there, or be square!!!
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Pecos 45
And tix just went on sale at the Texas Theatre's web site.
Here is the link: https://thetexastheatre.com/film/from-nowhere-the-story-of-the-vaughan-brothers/
Malcolm Forbes
Stranger
Good stuff. Other than the premiere, will there be other screenings?
I'm a Bearbacker
Pecos 45
We are going to "go dark" after this screening until we get a distribution deal.
I have got to monetize it in some form to get my investment recouped.
Malcolm Forbes
william

still your best work.

- BUmma

from 18 to 22 seconds I get transfixed.

uncts - I done stared at my screen here and came to about three hours later out in the pasture buck nekkid with a nopal fruit in my mouth and plumb covered in pear thorns.

luckily it was near dark so I was able to make it back to casa - hopefully unseen.

not sure exactly what happened. like it was some javelina mind worm hole.

never did find my jeans.
Dale?
Pecos 45
I am glad to have fans!
Keep on watching.
Malcolm Forbes
quash
Tots and pears?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
william
go bears!

Dale?
Pecos 45
Just a note that we are rapidly approaching a sell out, so best get tix online if you care to see this.
We will not be screening it again until EVERYONE can see it at a theater near you, or on Amazon/Netflix.
Some folks on this board saw it when it screened over a year ago. Since then we have cleaned it up, cut it down by about 15 minutes, and done a full audio mix and color correction.

Plus we have some pretty heavy dudes giving on-camera interviews, like Billy Gibbons, Eric Clapton, Jackson Browne and Nile Rodgers, not to mention Jimmie Vaughan, who gave us tons of personal photos and insights.

Hope you can make it.

https://thetexastheatre.com/film/from-nowhere-the-story-of-the-vaughan-brothers/
Malcolm Forbes
J.R.
I'll be there to check out your fine work. I'll also be at the Clapton gig as I was at the last one at the Cotton Bowl.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.