Chores vs Allowance Talk

2,033 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 3 year old has choirs she has to do around the house. Clean her room. Make her bed etc. she asked if she could "make some extra money?"

So, I had her change the oil on the truck. She undid the plug and it got all on her. Took about three hours. I refused to pay her because she left a mess. My wife is mad at me.

Who is right?
4th and Inches
Honestly, she owes you money for cleaning up the mess and avoiding an EPA fine... thats like 10k, she should be grateful.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
So I guess this means you're not gonna let her paint the house?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

That's a great idea. I need to teach her how to tape off sections. (After school of course).
fubar
I have a tree stump that needs removin' and 75 cents burning a hole in my pocket.

How soon can she get here?
william
tommie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

That's a great idea. I need to teach her how to tape off sections. (After school of course).
... and all the prep word - chipping and sanding and caulking.

'there is virtue yet in the hoe and the spade for learned as well as unlearned hands.' RWE

actually saying that in public these days would likely be a triggering event for many.............

- el BUmma

.... then she can do some drywalling.

Fetterman2024
Mitch Blood Green
william said:

tommie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

'there is virtue yet in the hoe and the spade for learned as well as unlearned hands.' RWE

actually saying that in public these days would likely be a triggering event for many.............

- el BUmma

I tend to believe she's too young to do spading. I'll likely wait until she's 4. (October)
william
tommie said:

william said:

tommie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

- el BUmma

I tend to believe she's too young to do spading. I'll likely wait until she's 4. (October)
decorative yard brickwork* is a good intermediate step in the evolution of work for children.

- KKM

* and the concomitant re-weeding, laying of yard plastic and then the optional sanding between the bricks.

Fetterman2024
4th and Inches
william said:

tommie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

- el BUmma

hanging drywall? Probably... tape and float in the corners? Maybe when she is four
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.