Cutting the cord

6,685 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BellCountyBear
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welp, now that PSvue will soon no longer be an option, do any of these above mentioned services offer dvr?
fadskier
CSIBear said:

Mr Tulip said:

So for anyone that cares (apparently, not nearly enough people), Sony announced yesterday that they're pulling the plug (!) on PSVue.

YoutubeTV looks like my next best bet.
I have really loved my PS Vue for the last year or so. This is pretty sad news.

so YoutubeTV is the best? Ever heard of Philo? Starting my search for a replacement.
Me too. I'm looking at Sling.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Mr Tulip
quash said:

Mr Tulip said:

So for anyone that cares (apparently, not nearly enough people), Sony announced yesterday that they're pulling the plug (!) on PSVue.

I had been on the fence about getting a new PS. Thanks for knocking me off.

This actually highlights the problem. PSVue has absolutely nothing to do with owning a PlayStation. PSVue is an app. It runs on phones, Roku, Amazon FireTV, etc. You never needed to own a PlayStation to use PSVue.

I mention it since Sony is shutting it down due to lack of subscribers. The fact that they didn't make it clear that a PlayStation wasn't necessary had a lot to do with that.
Mr Tulip
CSIBear said:

Mr Tulip said:

I have really loved my PS Vue for the last year or so. This is pretty sad news.

so YoutubeTV is the best? Ever heard of Philo? Starting my search for a replacement.

Philo is basically Viacom's content. I won't bore you with the schizophrenic relationship that Viacom, CBS, the Redstone family, and Les Moonves had.

Philo is Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, BET, Paramount, etc. They have a decent amount of "middle channel" TV content. For $20/mo, it's sort of an add-on to other streaming services if you like their offerings.
Mr Tulip
BellCountyBear said:

Welp, now that PSvue will soon no longer be an option, do any of these above mentioned services offer dvr?
YouTubeTV does have unlimited DVR. They offer one subscription price ($50) for which you get 6 accounts (everyone gets their own DVR and individual recommendations) and 3 simultaneous streams. The DVR stays saved for like 90 days or something. Of course, it's all cloud based.

BellCountyBear
Mr Tulip said:

BellCountyBear said:

YouTubeTV does have unlimited DVR. They offer one subscription price ($50) for which you get 6 accounts (everyone gets their own DVR and individual recommendations) and 3 simultaneous streams. The DVR stays saved for like 90 days or something. Of course, it's all cloud based.

Thanks! Yes, I learned this after I posted. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.