Providence Village and Savannah

2,087 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MarkRs
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have a friend who is moving from San Antonio and likes the houses in these neighborhoods. Anyone know much about these places? Not sure where his job is but he said these places and Paloma Creek are close..
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
BearChick
I would not move to Savannah. Not well maintained and there's a lot of people who regret moving there in the local moms group.

Paloma Creek is a better option.

I'd stay away from anything zoned to Denton ISD and make sure you're zoned to Prosper ISD. In fact, I'd look at Windsong Ranch, Star Ranch, or Light Farms (best community ever) before I'd even consider Providence or Savannah.
fadskier
BearChick said:

I would not move to Savannah. Not well maintained and there's a lot of people who regret moving there in the local moms group.

Paloma Creek is a better option.

I'd stay away from anything zoned to Denton ISD and make sure you're zoned to Prosper ISD. In fact, I'd look at Windsong Ranch, Star Ranch, or Light Farms (best community ever) before I'd even consider Providence or Savannah.
OK, thanks. i think the typre of homes in Savannah and Prov Village are what's appealing.
fadskier
What if you don't have kids? Would Savannah or PV be okay? I guess I need to go and look for myself.
fadskier
I'm looking at retiring to that area. Windsong and Star look like houses that are too big for my wife and I. Light farms looks good.
BearChick
Look at Light Farms Sweetwater. Active adult community. There are actually a ton of retirees and a very active social scene for that group. Lots of retirees have moved to LF to be by grandkids--my parents among them. They have more frirnds and more activites now than they did in 35 years in Katy.
BearChick
If they like that style of house, there's a Darling homes neighborhood in Lantana near Flower Mound that has adorable houses. Tucker Hill on 380 in McKinney as well. I'd go to either of those first.
MarkRs

Quote:

"I would not move to Savannah. Not well maintained and there's a lot of people who regret moving there in the local moms group."
It all depends on the person. Many people buy such houses and make repairs on their own (then they sell more expensive). The most important thing is not to be afraid to work and have a good tool. After trying the best cordless oscillating tool by themostspruceI realized that I spent a lot of time in vain earlier. A good set of power tools can make repairs quick and enjoyable. Quite another matter is neighbors(( I don't know the options to find out about communication problems BEFORE moving.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.