Battle Bots

1,335 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Assassin
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love this show. I don't care who knows. I love it.

Mr Tulip
The rules for building kind of limit which bots will be successful, though. I wish they'd loosen them up to allow for more creativity.

Right now, it's build 'em low and flat with wedges on the front and a vertical spinning weapon. Those are the only ones that stand a chance.
HenryTheOctopus
Mr Tulip said:

The rules for building kind of limit which bots will be successful, though. I wish they'd loosen them up to allow for more creativity.

Right now, it's build 'em low and flat with wedges on the front and a vertical spinning weapon. Those are the only ones that stand a chance.
You're right that the vertical spinners are the most successful, but what rule changes would you make to change that?
Mr Tulip
You're not allowed to use energy, fire, or electromagnetic based weapons. You're also not allowed to use snare or entanglement weapons.

Because of the rule limitations, it's really easy to predict what others will build. I understand they're wanting to keep safety in the forefront, and removing these limitations would definitely up the danger factor. However, it would also allow for a more diverse build out.
Assassin
If you go back some twenty years like me, I can remember the full body spinners could not be defeated. Then the cutters, Then the grinder drums. Recently Tombstones style. Now low and vertical club

Folks adapt, there will be a new style in a couple of years that will change everything, they will reign for a bit then something else.

What would I like to see? A true amateur division. No corp sponsor. $X as the build cap you could put in it, etc

Also a kids division. They would have to be the builders too
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.