Joker

1,754 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MarkRs
fuentbu1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have heard some rave reviews from the YouTube critics I watch. I generally agree with all 3 of them, and they all heaped praise on the film and the performance from Joaquin Phoenix.

I'm going tonight at 7. Cant wait!

El Oso
It's a slow burn into the world of mental health. And I think they nailed it.

It's not your normal comic book movie for sure.

It's not Batman's Joker, but it is Batman's Joker. Not sure if I liked how they tied it in with the Batman origin toward the end of the film, but the tie in early on was an interesting twist. That should make sense if you've seen it. Trying not to spoil it.

fuentbu1
I thought it was awesome. It was definitely a different type of Joker, but I think Phoenix held his own with Ledger.
Max Quad
Joaqun Phoenix did an amazing Job. On the other hand, Joker could be up there for the feel bad movie of the year.
fuentbu1
You can definitely see what drove him to insanity.
sahen
I thought it was great. Felt like it captured the dark, gritty nature of DC perfectly (finally!). It was a slow burn, but the payoff was definitely worth the watch. Probably, my favorite comic book movie now.
MarkRs
El Oso said:

It's a slow burn into the world of mental health. And I think they nailed it.

It's not your normal comic book movie for sure.

It's not Batman's Joker, but it is Batman's Joker. Not sure if I liked how they tied it in with the Batman origin toward the end of the film, but the tie in early on was an interesting twist. That should make sense if you've seen it. Trying not to spoil it.

I agree with you. I like the character from the comic book so I didn't look so as not to spoil the impression.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.