* * 'Drowning in a Whiskey River' - So Willie and Phil Opened a club...

2,372 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quite amazing how Phil Weir actually 'wills' these things to happen. His story, 'Drowning in a Whiskey River' comes out on his birthday. A true story of 'moral rags to riches'. Ya gotta love it. From the former partner of Willie Nelson at Whiskey River, the co-owner of James Comedy and The Pawn Shop and so much more. https://memoriesofdallas.org/philweir/
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
curtpenn
Had some really good times at Whiskey River. Spotted an old Bees Knees album at Half Price a couple of years ago. Kind of wish I'd bought it now.
Assassin
curtpenn said:

Had some really good times at Whiskey River. Spotted an old Bees Knees album at Half Price a couple of years ago. Kind of wish I'd bought it now.
Talked to Angus, we are considering putting together an 'oldies but goodies' concert with Karen Bella, Tom Hanson (original Vince Vance and the Valiants) Billy Howard from the Side of the Road Gang, Bees Knees and the Woo Brothers.
curtpenn
Assassin said:

curtpenn said:

Talked to Angus, we are considering putting together an 'oldies but goodies' concert with Karen Bella, Tom Hanson (original Vince Vance and the Valiants) Billy Howard from the Side of the Road Gang, Bees Knees and the Woo Brothers.
That would be outstanding. Saw Karen Bella several times, too.
Pecos 45
Paul McCartney dropped into Whiskey River when he and Wings were rehearsing for their world tour with Showco. This would have been around 1976
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Assassin
Pecos 45 said:

Paul McCartney dropped into Whiskey River when he and Wings were rehearsing for their world tour with Showco. This would have been around 1976
Angus Wynne: My partner Jack Calmes once got Freddie King, whom we co-managed, to play an afternoon gig at Whiskey River for one of Freddie's greatest admirers, Sir Paul McCartney, who remarked that he was "completely chuffed", blown away, by the blues superstar.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Pecos 45
Assassin said:

Pecos 45 said:

Angus Wynne: My partner Jack Calmes once got Freddie King, whom we co-managed, to play an afternoon gig at Whiskey River for one of Freddie's greatest admirers, Sir Paul McCartney, who remarked that he was "completely chuffed", blown away, by the blues superstar.

that was back When Dallas Rocked.
Malcolm Forbes
Assassin
Pecos 45 said:

Assassin said:

Pecos 45 said:

that was back When Dallas Rocked.
shameless plug... ;^)
Pecos 45
As Billy Joel sang, "I'm shameless"
Malcolm Forbes
Assassin
Pecos 45 said:

As Billy Joel sang, "I'm shameless"

Interviewing Mike Rabon, any little secrets that only you music industry insiders know about I should ask him?
Pecos 45
Just how he and the Five Americans got royally screwed out of any money for their hit, "Western Union"
Their "manager" got all the dough.
Malcolm Forbes
Assassin
Pecos 45 said:

Just how he and the Five Americans got royally screwed out of any money for their hit, "Western Union"
Their "manager" got all the dough.
I read about that. Ouch.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.