Snakes in my yard!!!

4,374 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pecos 45
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It got up to 83 yesterday, and these two large rattlers came out. Shot and killed them in my back yard, "with extreme prejudice."
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Stranger

william
4 - 4 1/2 footers?

I stepped on a 2 1/2 foot youngin' not too long ago.

Will definitely get you to move away very very quickly.

- KKM

Don't see any many as I used too.

BID.

{ sipping coffee }

fubar
I have had it with these mother****ing snakes in this mother****ing yard!

- Pecos L. Jackson
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Pecos 45
Yes,
They measured four feet and four and a half.
Nasty b@stards.
Malcolm Forbes
Mitch Blood Green
fubar said:

I have had it with these mother****ing snakes in this mother****ing yard!

- Pecos L. Jackson

Brilliant.
syme
Western diamondback rattlesnake.

Feel free to admire from a distance next time.

Edit: raccoon tails.
quash
Fat. Missing any hamsters?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
HunterBear
Looks like enough for a few hat bands.
LIB,MR BEARS
syme said:

Prairie rattlesnake.

I laughed when I read this. Let me guess, Facebook page called "What Kind Of Snake Is This North Texas"? I follow it and have learned a great deal about snakes as a result. It is the only other place where I've read "admire at a distance" regarding a snake prior to today.
ScottS
I see diamonds
Wichitabear
Yuck
syme
LIB,MR BEARS said:

syme said:

Prairie rattlesnake.

I laughed when I read this. Let me guess, Facebook page called "What Kind Of Snake Is This North Texas"? I follow it and have learned a great deal about snakes as a result. It is the only other place where I've read "admire at a distance" regarding a snake prior to today.

Not on FB since 2007. But yeah, common phrase when IDing wildlife.
atomicblast
How'd you take 'em out? Had like one under the house and a 16 gauge in my hand. Didnt take the shot because was worried that it'll make a hole in the piers.
quash
atomicblast said:

How'd you take 'em out? Had like one under the house and a 16 gauge in my hand. Didnt take the shot because was worried that it'll make a hole in the piers.

Had a water moccasin coiled up in my nandina. Took a 4 ft piece of crown molding and duct taped a 1 ft piece of hose to it, then slid a doubled up piece of rope down it with the loop sticking out. Dropped the loop over his head, snugged it up and hauled him out. Walked him two doors down to the creek and let him go. Your story can end with a shotgun or machete
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Pecos 45
atomicblast said:

20 gauge with #8 shot.
It won't hurt your piers.
Small pellets.
Aim for the head. One pellet will do the job!
Malcolm Forbes
LIB,MR BEARS
Pecos 45 said:

atomicblast said:

20 gauge with #8 shot.
It won't hurt your piers.
Small pellets.
Aim for the head. One pellet will do the job!
While bird shot may not do anything to your piers, make sure you know where electrical wiring is and pvc water lines.
BrutalBear
Killed 3 copper heads while raking my back yard one day about a year ago. Scared the crap out of me cause the kids play back there. Raked over each one of em.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

syme said:

Prairie rattlesnake.

I rolled my eyes when I read "admire from a distance..." and then laughed at your Facebook reference. I'm on TX southeast snake id or something like that. And I gotta say snake lovers are a weird bunch. One guy was collecting snake shedding for an art project, lol. The others lose sleep over an unjust killing of a "poisonous" ;-) snake.

*** Also fyi, do not ever post any Timber Rattler kills, it's protected and there's always that one idiot guy who will turn you in for killing a snek.
LIB,MR BEARS
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

syme said:

Prairie rattlesnake.

I rolled my eyes when I read "admire from a distance..." and then laughed at your Facebook reference. I'm on TX southeast snake id or something like that. And I gotta say snake lovers are a weird bunch. One guy was collecting snake shedding for an art project, lol. The others lose sleep over an unjust killing of a "poisonous" ;-) snake.

*** Also fyi, do not ever post any Timber Rattler kills, it's protected and there's always that one idiot guy who will turn you in for killing a snek.
some of them confuse snakes with puppies. I learn a lot about snakes and some strange stuff about people.
Pecos 45

They measured about four feet or more. Couldn't get them to lay out straight because they move for an hour or two after you kill them.
Malcolm Forbes
deemus
The one on the left would have made a great belt.
Wichitabear
Yuk
LIB,MR BEARS
deemus said:

are you sure deemus? It's looks to be no more than 45" long. Is that gonna do it?
deemus
LIB,MR BEARS said:

deemus said:

are you sure deemus? It's looks to be no more than 45" long. Is that gonna do it?

It woulda been short for me, but you know, for someone.
Thee University
I've been averaging 5 kills per year up here on the hill. Last year 2 of my dawgs took hits to the head. My old lady dawg got bit in June and again in August last year. She's not very smart but just as mean as a rattler.

drahthaar
Thee University said:

I've been averaging 5 kills per year up here on the hill. Last year 2 of my dawgs took hits to the head. My old lady dawg got bit in June and again in August last year. She's not very smart but just as mean as a rattler.

And now immune!
william
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that dale steele is hiding out in my attic*.

details to follow****

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

* I really dont have an attic.

D!
Thee University
william said:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that dale steele is hiding out in my attic*.

details to follow****

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

* I really dont have an attic.

D!
Impossible.

If he was in your attic all of your sheetrock would be pulled through the screws that hold it onto the 2X4s.
Pecos 45
And he would be pooping in a bucket.
Malcolm Forbes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.