T-Shirt fans - what's your opinion?

2,560 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GhettoHEBear
Brandwin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's your honest opinion or t-shirt fans? Some seem to like them while other seem to turn their nose up at them. What do you say?
UPBaylor
Anyone turning their nose up at fans that have no direct connection to your university (aren't alumni) is an idiot.

These fans choose to be fans of the school. The correct business move is to encourage and welcome them on board.
Kyle
I love T-shirt fans. Anyone that supports Baylor welcome aboard.
Mr Tulip
The kicker isn't "t-shirt". It's "fan".

A fan is someone with history. Everyone starts as a new fan, and it doesn't matter how or why you started. Now, you start building history. If you started when the team was successful, you're not going to get much credibility for a while. That's just how it is.

Your fandom gets stronger when you're with the team through the down times. You're allowed to gripe and rage, but you can't turn your back on your team for anything other than unethical behavior. Bad coaches, crummy results, whatever. You're either a fan or you're not.

SMack
I despise T-shirt fans of other schools, especially those of large taxpayer-funded schools.

I adore T-shirt fans of Baylor.
Iron Claw
I am certainly a fan of t-shirts! Wear a white crew neck nearly every day as an undershirt. I would like to know what brands you all prefer. I've been wearing Jos. A Bank lately but they seem to shrink in length and won't stay tucked in.
Kyle
SMack said:

I despise T-shirt fans of other schools, especially those of large taxpayer-funded schools.

I adore T-shirt fans of Baylor.
Agreed. I hated all the SWC, Big 8, or SEC T-shirt fans while I was at Baylor. I mean, come on. I grew up loving the Longhorns, but once at Baylor I was not cheering for Texas.

There is an obnoxious scale too: if you have a degree, you can be as obnoxious as you want. If you're a T-shirt fan, know your place. A la Junior Miller, I propose the following rules for "T-shirt fans":
- T-shirt and other clothing - acceptable
- Car decals - pushing it
- 2+ deals - unacceptable
- Tattoos - unacceptable
- Talking tons of crap or using "we" or "us" - definitely no acceptable.
ABC BEAR
UPBaylor said:

The correct business move is to encourage and welcome them on board.
Yes. Encourage them to wear a green shirt this week and a gold shirt at the next home game. Throw in a white-out game and a black-out game along the way and they soon have a closet full of Baylor gear.
Dia del DougO
i see more Baylor t-shirts worn around town every year, and I really doubt suddenly there's a huge surge elderly and middle aged grads. it used to be pretty rare to see Baylor attire worn in Bell County, and most of it was by people with a direct or indirect connection. After winning a couple o conference championships the numbers really started to blow up.

T-shirt fans are a sign of success, mostly winning in recent history, combined with tradition and geography. Apparel brings in the bucks.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
JumboShrimper
Baylor certainly gained t-shirt fans during the Briles years and the newfound recent success will only add to that.
fuentbu1
I didn't go to Baylor. But never have i ever considered myself as a t-shirt fan.

I call my Fandom "A Tale of Two Cities", literally It was just flip flopped when I started in 1992. It was the worst of times, now it is the best of times. Going through the entire time like...
BUMBA1
I love ours. Everyone else's sucks. Especially the 2010 Duke T Shirt Fans at NRG.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I am proud to be a Baylor T-shirt fan!! I became one in May 2015.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
BUMBA1 said:

I love ours. Everyone else's sucks. Especially the 2010 Duke T Shirt Fans at NRG.
I didn't mind t-shirt fans so much, but seeing the refs in that game cheer on Duke was annoying ...
Pecos 45
I am not a big fan of the UT and A&M t-shirt fans as they tend to be the most obnoxious.
Baylor didn't have a wealth of t-shirt fans until the Briles era.

So, my response: Baylor t-shirt fans- bring it on
UT and A&M t-shirt fans: kiss my backside
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
GhettoHEBear
fuentbu1 said:

I didn't go to Baylor. But never have i ever considered myself as a t-shirt fan.

I call my Fandom "A Tale of Two Cities", literally It was just flip flopped when I started in 1992. It was the worst of times, now it is the best of times. Going through the entire time like...

fuentbu1 makes me think of a Roman soldier. He may not have been born in Rome but he damn sure earned his citizenship by fighting her wars
Baylor Mafioso
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.