Baylor Beer Pong

1,701 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When I was at Baylor, "beer pong" was played differently than it was at most other universities.

We played on a standard ping pong table, with a stolen Big O goblet filled with beer placed in each corner of the table, and the net raised up to about 6ft. (Roughly 3 ft. above the table)

Each team of two only had 1 paddle, and had to alternate shots with a high trajectory to clear the net.

Ball moved slow and was easy to hit, making the passing of the paddles the main obstacle for each team.

After each point, the team that got scored on took a sip from the big o in front of them. When the ball inevitably landed in someone's big o, that person had to down the rest of the glass.

Great game that could be played for hours.

Most of the old homes around campus had big entry ways that were the perfect size for the table to be set up. Most of which were there permanently.

Is this still a thing?
BearlySober
When I was there we played beer pong similarly. The cup was placed in the center back and the net was regulation height - you just knew to hit it high so it had a chance to go in. We played it 1 vs 1.

If you did do 2 vs 2 then you did it at the corners as you mentioned. Everyone had their own paddle though, unless there weren't enough to go around.

It wasn't until after college that I learned beer pong the way it is played today.
quash
I'm from the Quarters generation. My favorite game was the night we ran out of beer (?!?) and we sent the wrong guy out. He came back with a bottle of Bailey's and the game ended quickly and drunkenly.
Yogi
Those are some excellent ideas. I just remember playing standard beer pong, Mr. President and *******.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
quash said:

I'm from the Quarters generation. My favorite game was the night we ran out of beer (?!?) and we sent the wrong guy out. He came back with a bottle of Bailey's and the game ended quickly and drunkenly.

Barry Badrinath?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.