Pickers

1,432 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by william
airforcebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There has been a string (pun intended) on this before, but how many guitar and banjo players are out there? I am totally addicted to the guitar, with a minor addiction to the banjo. I live in Temple, and it maybe fun to have a CenTex Jam occasionally....VERY low key. I am a low intermediate. maybe a mid...I took from Pat McKee for about 4 years, and hang out at Lone Star Music...Calvin Ross, Uncle Ted, etc..

tom turlington
airforcebear@gmail.com
903-830-5333
fubar
You're talking guitar and banjo playing?

Never mind.
william
uncle ted?

the dude in florence?

his own little room?

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating second donut }

airforcebear
Uncle Ted...Ted Nugent He hates country, I think.. He lives in / around Waco. Drops into Lonestar Music on Lake Air near Uncle Dan's BBQ.

Yes, guitar. Occas banjo.

There is the story of the banjo picker...tells his friends if he is ever in a wreck to take his picks out of his pockets. He said that his mother thinks he is a piano player in a *****house!
HunterBear
If you like bluegrass, you should check out the Pearl bluegrass day first Saturday of every month in the old schoolhouse at Pearl (20 miles SW of Gatesville). Different amateur groups from across Texas (and further). Several onstage acts each time plus jam sessions in adjoining rooms and outside. Guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, dobro, string bass. No electric instruments allowed. RV hookups and lunch items available. Several months ago they hosted a state guitar championship competition. Family friendly and very enjoyable.
william
airforcebear said:

Uncle Ted...Ted Nugent He hates country, I think.. He lives in / around Waco. Drops into Lonestar Music on Lake Air near Uncle Dan's BBQ.

Yes, guitar. Occas banjo.

There is the story of the banjo picker...tells his friends if he is ever in a wreck to take his picks out of his pockets. He said that his mother thinks he is a piano player in a *****house!
well, people should post their groups / bands or whatever. maybe any venues that you'll be at.

always good to support a bear.

- BUmma
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.