I lost my brother to the Coronavirus last night

4,807 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MahatmaKJeeves
RebelT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to your and your family.

Also, I just have to add -- this is an absolutely fantastic photo of Miles:

Mitch Henessey
I'm so sorry, Pecos. What an awful thing, to lose your brother far before his time. My family will keep your family and your brother's in our prayers.
Pecos 45
Got the death certificate yesterday from the Dallas Medical Examiner and it said death was due to "Cardiac Tamponade" or "pressure on the heart that keeps it from filling properly. The result is a dramatic drop in blood pressure that can be fatal."

They ran a COVID-19 test and it came back negative.

Miles had told me in a phone call last Friday that he "had Coronavirus', but (unbeknownst to me) he had not been to a doctor or had a test run on himself.
He told me on the phone that he had been "sick for seven days," so when he died the next day, I took him at his word.
BUT, we now have the medical examiner's report, and it is NO CORONAVIRUS.

So glad that Miles' family is NOT infected.

There will be some kind of memorial service for Miles once the lockdown order is lifted, but don't know when that will be. Because Miles asked to be cremated, there is no rush for a burial.

Diann, Roland and I are doing fine. Our supplies are great out at the ranch.
(If we get into a bind we can shoot a deer from the front porch and use mesquite beans for toilet paper.)

Wanted to let you know the latest. Continue your prayers for Miles' family as they are just crushed.

I have still lost the only brother I ever had, so learning the cause of death does not bring him back.
Adios, mi hermano.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Pecos 45
RebelT said:

We skied EVERY spring together.
Would take an entire week off and head for the mountains.
Before we both got married, we would drive to a different area every day. Would hit Monarch, Crested Butte, Copper Mountain then go to Taos, NM on the way back to Dallas.
It was a great time to be ten-feet tall and bulletproof, and young with no problems.
I miss those days.

And we always made it to a Baylor football game. He was in the stadium when the Bears came back against Texas in 1974, AND when they came back against TCU in 2014. He witnessed (arguably) the two greatest games in Baylor history.

He was a proud Baylor Bear. Always.

https://imgur.com/tSylcjN
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Beaneater
I have always enjoyed your West Texas attitude/approach to life
Praying that you and your family experience God's peace, grace, and love.
Wichitabear
Pecos 45 said:

RebelT said:

We skied EVERY spring together.
Would take an entire week off and head for the mountains.
Before we both got married, we would drive to a different area every day. Would hit Monarch, Crested Butte, Copper Mountain then go to Taos, NM on the way back to Dallas.
It was a great time to be ten-feet tall and bulletproof, and young with no problems.
I miss those days.

And we always made it to a Baylor football game. He was in the stadium when the Bears came back against Texas in 1974, AND when they came back against TCU in 2014. He witnessed (arguably) the two greatest games in Baylor history.

He was a proud Baylor Bear. Always.

https://imgur.com/tSylcjN

All 70 classes are proud Baylor Bears. We Believed!
Wichitabear
Pecos 45 said:

Got the death certificate yesterday from the Dallas Medical Examiner and it said death was due to "Cardiac Tamponade" or "pressure on the heart that keeps it from filling properly. The result is a dramatic drop in blood pressure that can be fatal."

They ran a COVID-19 test and it came back negative.

Miles had told me in a phone call last Friday that he "had Coronavirus', but (unbeknownst to me) he had not been to a doctor or had a test run on himself.
He told me on the phone that he had been "sick for seven days," so when he died the next day, I took him at his word.
BUT, we now have the medical examiner's report, and it is NO CORONAVIRUS.

So glad that Miles' family is NOT infected.

There will be some kind of memorial service for Miles once the lockdown order is lifted, but don't know when that will be. Because Miles asked to be cremated, there is no rush for a burial.

Diann, Roland and I are doing fine. Our supplies are great out at the ranch.
(If we get into a bind we can shoot a deer from the front porch and use mesquite beans for toilet paper.)

Wanted to let you know the latest. Continue your prayers for Miles' family as they are just crushed.

I have still lost the only brother I ever had, so learning the cause of death does not bring him back.
Adios, mi hermano.
Always.
Flaming Moderate
Assassin said:

So sorry to hear this Kirby. Sounds like a cool cat. and a great brother. Someone you can rely on when you need a a shoulder. May he rest in peace.
Thanks for posting the article. That picture of the two of them where Miles is wearing an acceptable lid, and I will not even speak of what the other guy is wearing. Looks like a cool cat indeed - especially the awesome ski shot from the 70s.

Again, truly sorry. Grace and peace.
KOKQB70
So sorry Kirby, what a stud he was, we love you and prayers for you and Miles family.
MahatmaKJeeves
Sorry to hear this, Kirby. He sounds like a great guy and one who was dedicated to teaching. May he rest in peace. I am glad you have good memories of him.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.