What's the strangest thing you have hit with your vehicle

4,381 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HunterBear
tombeaux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know which was weirder - a feral hog at about 80 on the toll road near Seguin, or the biggest turkey I've seen, hauling ass across a two-lane on the "scenic route" near Trout Creek, MT.
HunterBear
forza orsi said:

I didn't hit it, but it hit me. A truckload of tombstones, already inscribed and ready for cemetery placement backed over the front of my rental car.

I was staying at a hotel in Italy with it's own small parking lot and when I came back from the day, a truck loaded with tombstones was parked where it blocked the lot. I stopped, got out, and went to look for the driver so I could get in. Meanwhile a woman came running out of a restaurant, ran up to the truck, hopped in, put it in gear, and backed up over the front of my car. As you can guess, the truck was large and heavy and did a number on the front end of the car. I came running over and started asking her (in the politest way possible, as I remember it) how she couldn't see my car there. She said that she saw it, but it wasn't her truck and she didn't have the feel for it and lost control when she put it in gear. I asked why she was doing that if it wasn't her truck and she just said she could see that I wanted it moved and she just wanted to help. I had to fill out a damage form for the rental car in Italian and had a lot of trouble fitting the story into the blocks they gave me on the form.

Thought at first you meant Italy, TX, although there are some crowded parking lots there at the truck stops.
HunterBear
Around 1990-91 I was driving back to Dallas from Waco. Coming up 35, almost in sight of downtown, around 11:00 pm. Quite dark. Going 60-65. I had a split second to see something in my lane. It looked like some kind of wooden furniture, maybe a small desk. No time to react, just hold on. I hit it square, and my 1984 Buick Regal literally went airborne. Freaked me out, scared me and made me mad. Kept control and when I got to my destination saw the front fender was bent up in the middle.

I have relative who was a deputy sheriff who was driving home in the country one night and hit three deer at the same time in his patrol car. I wouldn't have wanted to write that report.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.