Best 529 College Savings Plan for Texas Residents?

1,454 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bearitto
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome advice on this. Have a couple of kids under 10 and figure it's a good time to start saving. Seeing that New York has a good one and Texas' appears to be middle of the road. Welcome advice.

Thanks

Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Nguyen One Soon
Bearitto said:

Welcome advice on this. Have a couple of kids under 10 and figure it's a good time to start saving. Seeing that New York has a good one and Texas' appears to be middle of the road. Welcome advice.

Thanks

I use the Utah plan for my two Texas grandkids. Low fees and investments have done well.
RegentCoverup
savingforcollege.com

Used to be a ranking here. Spread your risk out, some of these plans are terrible. The States should never be in the investment management business. I put money in one and wanted the hell out.

You need as much market return as possible without the state gouging you so shop carefully.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
syme
+1 for Utah.
Knight Bear
American Funds aka College America. VA plan. Low fees, consistently strong performance. Only mutual fund company to have never closed a fund.
BU79
syme said:

+1 for Utah.
I also used Utah 529
lakersfan34
Utah 529 here as well. Good plan with low fees.
No Longer Gold
collegebound529.com

or

CollegeAmerica 529

DO NOT use anything other than those, and I prefer collegebound529 age based portfolios. They also can link your debit and credit cards to the account for little extra deposits for purchases you make without even knowing it.

fadskier
If you can work from home, move to west Texas...several small schools give scholarships to all graduates.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Mitch Henessey
Utah is the play. I have three accounts with them.
Bearitto
Thanks for all the input folks. It was much appreciated.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.