Post a song you like

319,314 Views | 3648 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by william
Fat Daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been to long since we have had any Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.... so here they are with some toe-tapping "Rocky Top"!

william
william
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
william
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
william
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
Keyser Soze
Speaking of Jon Anderson

Yes was maybe the second rock concert I ever went to. Moody Colosseum on the SMU Campus
Stranger
Leon Redbone died today at 127.
One of a kind

I'm a Bearbacker
GoldMind

Dgaf what u say. It's beautiful.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
forza orsi
Stranger said:

Leon Redbone died today at 127.
One of a kind

Classic Leon to have his death announced as at age 127. Saw him in a club in Dallas years ago. Great show, but what I remember most was that at some point in the show a guy at a table in front was talking while Leon was singing. He stopped singing, pulled out a pistol, and fired off a shot (blanks) at the guy, and suggested he was talking too much to sit on the front row. Kind of woke the room up.
Florda_mike
Dickran Gobalian?

Good stuff imo too

If there's ever been a human anachronism, perhaps he was it?

Like going back to a more comfortable time being in his presence it seems
Swanni
Roy Rogers said:

And while we're (I'm) on a Beatles kick, how about something from the roof top!!!

That is supposedly the last time they played together.
Swanni
deemus

My favorite Leon song.
forza orsi
One of my favorite Leon songs.
Fat Daddy
On this day in 1967 the Sgt Pepper's album was released.... and we all get by with a little help from our friends!

Stranger
Fat Daddy said:

On this day in 1967 the Sgt Pepper's album was released.... and we all get by with a little help from our friends!

Ringo at his finest.
I'm a Bearbacker
BrutalBear
william
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
BrutalBear
slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

Keyser Soze
One of my favorite NY songs. Was watching "A Quiet Place" that used this song recently.

Florda_mike
slimecap said:

^^^ Wife and I are going to see him in Biloxi next month

Has anyone seen him lately

Still got it or not?
GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Stranger
Florda_mike said:

slimecap said:

Still got it or not?

And tell me, why is Johnny Rivers not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
I'm a Bearbacker
GoldMind
Stranger said:

Florda_mike said:

slimecap said:

Still got it or not?

And tell me, why is Johnny Rivers not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

And tell me why the Eagles are?
Florda_mike
His son says it's political and Johnny says it doesn't bother him and he's proud to be in Louisiana Music HOF

He didn't experiment with dope way back and maybe that made him an outsider. But maybe that's why he's healthy and still going in late 70's and most of them are burned out or dead too?

House of Rising Sun, Memphis, Secret Agent Man, Poor Side of Town and on and on! Maybe they'll accept him after death?

Idk
BrutalBear
GoldMind
Florda_mike said:

His son says it's political and Johnny says it doesn't bother him and he's proud to be in Louisiana Music HOF

He didn't experiment with dope way back and maybe that made him an outsider. But maybe that's why he's healthy and still going in late 70's and most of them are burned out or dead too?

House of Rising Sun, Memphis, Secret Agent Man, Poor Side of Town and on and on! Maybe they'll accept him after death?

Idk

He didn't write House of The Rising Sun, that's a traditional folk tune.

But yea.
Stranger
GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

Idk

But yea.

Johnny didn't write it, but did a good cover. Rivers never really anything but his career has been made of outstanding renditions of other people's song. He also basically discovered and produced the early Fifth Dimension hits.

Bob Dylan said that Johnny Rivers version of "Positively 4th Street" was the best he ever heard.

I'm a Bearbacker
GoldMind
Stranger said:

GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

Idk

But yea.

Johnny didn't write it, but did a good cover. Rivers never really anything but his career has been made of outstanding renditions of other people's song. He also basically discovered and produced the early Fifth Dimension hits.

Bob Dylan said that Johnny Rivers version of "Positively 4th Street" was the best he ever heard.

I like Johnny as much as the next guy, but guys who don't write their own hits are kinda half-qualified to be in the hall IMO.

Elvis gets a pass only because he's Elvis and nobody else could have sang those songs.
Stranger
GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

Idk

But yea.

Alan Lomax's research called it a traditional folk song. Huddie Ledbetter (Leadbelly) released two versions in the 40's that put the song on the map.
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger
GoldMind said:

Stranger said:

GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

Idk

But yea.

I like Johnny as much as the next guy, but guys who don't write their own hits are kinda half-qualified to be in the hall IMO.

Elvis gets a pass only because he's Elvis and nobody else could have sang those songs.

Eagles wrote the majority of their songs with additions by Jack Tempchin, John David Souther and Tom Waits. To be be fair and technical, many of the early Beatles early records were covers of other people's work.
I'm a Bearbacker
GoldMind
Stranger said:

GoldMind said:

Stranger said:

GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

Idk

But yea.

Eagles wrote the majority of their songs with additions by Jack Tempchin, John David Souther and Tom Waits. To be be fair and technical, many of the early Beatles early records were covers of other people's work.

And conversely, Nickleback writes their own stuff.

You can still suck and write songs.

Having said that, Don Henley has more talent in one drop of piss than Chad Kroeger does in his entire bloodline.
BrutalBear
GoldMind said:

Quote:

And conversely, Nickleback writes their own stuff.

You can still suck and write songs.

Having said that, Don Henley has more talent in one drop of piss than Chad Kroeger does in his entire bloodline.

AAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Very much agreed!
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.