Post a song you like

316,532 Views | 3645 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by william
Fat Daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jackson Browne --great songwriter ... such great lyrics but sometimes personal and or haunting ! This song can grow on you....

For A Dancer

Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Roy Rogers
Woke up with this one in my head this morning. Not sure why.

"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
forza orsi
Fat Daddy said:

Jackson Browne --great songwriter ... such great lyrics but sometimes personal and or haunting ! This song can grow on you....

For A Dancer

Very nice. I love Jackson Brown and David Lindley together. In addition to personal and haunting, they also do some fun stuff. One of my favorites is their medley of Stay (from Running on Empty where David did his famous falsetto) and Love is Strange. Here is one version done live in Barcelona.

Pecos 45
I saw this gal do this song live two years ago, and I am still trying to figure out why she is not bigger than she is. A classic in every sense of the word.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Ludwig von Missi
Roy Rogers said:

Woke up with this one in my head this morning. Not sure why.

So. Dang. Good.
George Truett
Keyser Soze
forza orsi said:

Fat Daddy said:

For A Dancer

Very nice. I love Jackson Brown and David Lindley together. In addition to personal and haunting, they also do some fun stuff. One of my favorites is their medley of Stay (from Running on Empty where David did his famous falsetto) and Love is Strange. Here is one version done live in Barcelona.

I recently watched the first part of "The History of the Eagles"

Frey & Henley lived next door to Browne. He was a mentor to them, primarily by example, on how a professional went about song writing.
Kite23

I like this song for its silliness
Fat Daddy
Keyser Soze said:

forza orsi said:

Fat Daddy said:

For A Dancer

Frey & Henley lived next door to Browne. He was a mentor to them, primarily by example, on how a professional went about song writing.

I have seen that.... and one of them says something like Browne worked on one small part of a song for weeks until he (Browne) was satisfied with it!
Ludwig von Missi
Fat Daddy said:

Keyser Soze said:

forza orsi said:

Fat Daddy said:

For A Dancer

I have seen that.... and one of them says something like Browne worked on one small part of a song for weeks until he (Browne) was satisfied with it!

Yep, JD Souther said he was going to go nuts if he heard Doctor My Eyes again:
Fat Daddy

Anyone remember this one? From my high school days.... Lee Michaels "5th"....great memories .... do you know what I mean?

Fat Daddy
Doctor My Eyes .... one of the most distinguishable intros.... and I love the rifts throughout.... and the lyrics still run true today as they did almost 50 years ago.... just as Rock Me On the Water! Both are timeless masterpieces!
Fat Daddy
JD Souther playing the Kessler (Dallas) on October 27... the Friday before we beat the Horns on Saturday!
Ludwig von Missi
Fat Daddy said:

Doctor My Eyes .... one of the most distinguishable intros.... and I love the rifts throughout.... and the lyrics still run true today as they did almost 50 years ago.... just as Rock Me On the Water! Both are timeless masterpieces!
No doubt. That whole group was amazing...Henley, Frey, Ronstadt, Browne, Souther, etc. So much talent.
Fat Daddy
Laurel Canyon was the place..... and you left out Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, and others....
Ludwig von Missi
Fat Daddy said:

JD Souther playing the Kessler (Dallas) on October 27... the Friday before we beat the Horns on Saturday!
I would love to go see him play sometime. Eagles doing Souther's "How Long" in 1973:
Fat Daddy

Nice article about Laurel Canyon.... checkout the playlist at the bottom..

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/02/laurel-canyon-music-scene/amp
Pat Neff
slimecap
You Get What You Give - New Radicals

Link for Entire song (4:39)

Link for edited song in the finale of the movie "Surf's Up"

`
slimecap
Sugar - Maroon 5

`
slimecap
One Wish - Hiroshima

`

slimecap
Overjoyed - Stanley Clarke

`
slimecap
I Receive Your Love - Kirk Whalum

`
slimecap
Mirage - Santana

`
slimecap
Get Here - Oleta Adams

`
forza orsi
Fat Daddy said:

Thanks for the tip! I love JD's voice and he does some beautiful guitar work too. He sometimes can out-Eagle the Eagles. And he nails all the high notes here in New Kid in Town.

Assassin
Kite23 said:

I think I drove everyone nutz with that one when I was a kid.

K - I think the 'silly songs' deserve their own thread. Go for it.
Mr Tulip
Strange things are happenin', baby - and somethin' strange jus' might happen to you...

GoldMind
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
slimecap
Assassin said:

Kite23 said:

I think I drove everyone nutz with that one when I was a kid.

K - I think the 'silly songs' deserve their own thread. Go for it.
AKA "Records in the Garner State Park jukebox in the 1960s"
slimecap
Five O'Clock World - The Vogues

`
slimecap
What is Life - George Harrison

`
Roy Rogers
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.