Can't celebrate Christmas with them.

2,232 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stemperford
Stemperford
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm currently undergoing a 14days quarantine and it's already my 2nd day here in the quarantine room. I miss my family already. This is my first time not joining my family with celebrating Christmas. I hope this won't turn into depression or something. Can you give me some encouraging words? I'm crying while typing actually. Sorry.
4yrletterbear
Where are you?
BU84BEAR
I had to quarantine forzThanksgiving. I did it out of love for my family. I'm still here and so is my family.

It is 14 days. You can do it.

If they get Covid, you may not get to see them ever again. I hope that is not the case, but you do not want to be the one who couldn't last 14 days. Try Facebook video chat or Zoom.
Friscobear
Booray
Stemperford said:

I'm currently undergoing a 14days quarantine and it's already my 2nd day here in the quarantine room. I miss my family already. This is my first time not joining my family with celebrating Christmas. I hope this won't turn into depression or something. Can you give me some encouraging words? I'm crying while typing actually. Sorry.
You are doing the right thing. It has to be hard, but you and your family will get through it. Prayers for all of you.
Stemperford
Thank you for all your concern. You're helping me out and I truly appreciate it!
Stemperford
BU84BEAR said:

I had to quarantine forzThanksgiving. I did it out of love for my family. I'm still here and so is my family.

It is 14 days. You can do it.

If they get Covid, you may not get to see them ever again. I hope that is not the case, but you do not want to be the one who couldn't last 14 days. Try Facebook video chat or Zoom.
I use FB video chat to meet them and after calling them I read some articles on the internet and I found this one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7576375/
Re-Mapping the Page.
Canada2017
Stemperford said:

You have food , shelter, and instant communication with the rest of the world via the internet .

Be grateful .

Even in your relatively short quarantine you have it better than 70% of the rest of the people on this planet.

And you might even be saving someone you love from a 1-3 week hospital stay .

Well done .
4th and Inches
It will go by faster than you think right now... get a project going, a jigsaw puzzle or a craft. Write a leter to every friend and family member discussing your adventure as if you are traveling in a far off country.,

Hopefully your room has a window that you can open the curtains and let the sun light shine on your face at least once a day.

Keep the faith and check in often, we are here for you during this time!
73s de N4WJP
Stemperford said:

Keep in mind, there are thousands of folks on ventilators in ER rooms that would gladly swap places with you if they could.

Count your blessings.
Stemperford
I'm going to be discharged now, guys! I can't wait to see them. I need to fix myself right now. Thanks for all your thoughts.
nevadafoothill
Stemperford said:

I'm going to be discharged now, guys! I can't wait to see them. I need to fix myself right now. Thanks for all your thoughts.
wow, great. I am happy for you man. Finally, you can be with your loved ones.
Stemperford
nevadafoothill said:

Stemperford said:

wow, great. I am happy for you man. Finally, you can be with your loved ones.
Thanks! How about you? Are you celebrating the new year with your family right now?
Re-Mapping the Page.
nevadafoothill
Stemperford said:

Thanks! How about you? Are you celebrating the new year with your family right now?
Fortunately, Yes. I'm very happy and being able to celebrate the new year is really worth it.
Re-Mapping the Page.
Gaiasports
Stemperford said:

If this happens, you need to be strong and always positive. being a strong and positive person is really important and it is needed during these times.
Re-Mapping the Page.
Stemperford
Gaiasports said:

If this happens, you need to be strong and always positive. being a strong and positive person is really important and it is needed during these times.
Re-Mapping the Page.
I understand it but It gets harder for me as this pandemic keeps going on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.