McLane Stadium To Be Used For Mass Vaccination Event?

1,581 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Title Edit: I"m just suggesting it be done, I have no official news.

Let's hope the poor and needy get vaccinated and hold a mass vaccination event at McLane Stadium.

Could that be done?

Medical and Supply chain experts please weigh in.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
BUGWBBear
Sure! Throw in free admission to a Sandy Patti concert once inoculated. Good test for any side effects.
RightRevBear
Probably not best to get that many people together before they have had the vaccine.
RegentCoverup
RightRevBear said:

Probably not best to get that many people together before they have had the vaccine.
6ft of distance...Parking Lots. if we stick to small office visits, we'll be giving out this vaccine til 2024.

Virginia has held mass vaccination events and vaccinated 5k people in just a large building. Thinking a stadium or Ferrell Center could vaccinate 10k.
Mr Tulip
The first thing we'll need is a decent amount of vaccine. I understand McLennan Co got like 600 doses yesterday. They're still trying to figure out how to get the "front line" workers vaccinated.

Other than confirming inbound supply, I'm not sure why this is such a logistical difficulty - at least in the general population sense.
RegentCoverup
Mr Tulip said:

The first thing we'll need is a decent amount of vaccine. I understand McLennan Co got like 600 doses yesterday. They're still trying to figure out how to get the "front line" workers vaccinated.

Other than confirming inbound supply, I'm not sure why this is such a logistical difficulty - at least in the general population sense.
I'm with you, I just think it's not very transparent at the moment. I'm trying to give the manufacturers the benefit of the doubt. The vaccine has to be kept in very cold containers. That's a limiting factor as well. But production should ramp up very quickly. Just some back of the envelope analysis:

- Need 60 million doses(estimate) to fully vaccinate all of Texas(population 29.4 million
-Texas has received 1.5 million doses in the first four weeks. That will have to increase, but it'd very dependent on equipment, processes, people, warehouses, trucking, etc. The Pfizer facility is in Kalamazoo, Michigan I believe. Part of their challenge is the machinery needed to keep large amounts of the vaccine cool, thus my curiousity about lowering the housing time. Begs the question, how many of us would travel to receive the vaccine?

- https://www.kcbd.com/2021/01/04/texas-dhs-first-doses-sent-fourth-week-covid-vaccine-distribution/

-Is 30 million doses(15 million people) a realistic goal for 6 months? That's 5 million vaccinations a month. Producing that much vaccine is possible, but it's not a linear production model. Say what you will, but we have the warehouse space, it's a function of building the equipment. Feasible, but that's entirely a supply chain question. Which is partly why I scratch my head about the delivery mechanism. This seems painfully slow.
RegentCoverup
There is absolutely a CAPEX cost of the equipment for the manufacturers, but it's stlll a fraction of the economic costs of the shutdown. Hence the analysis.
SMack
I have heard that McLane Stadium is not an option because of the risk of gar attacks.
boognish_bear
SMack said:

I have heard that McLane Stadium is not an option because of the risk of gar attacks.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.