Real Estate Thread of Domination

1,646 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCL79
ColoradoGRN&GLD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since I don't know exactly where to post this, I'm going to cross post in the P&R, Chit Chat, and Recruiting forums and let the Mods decide where it belongs. Hopefully, this can become a place for us to discuss RE trends, network, celebrate success, and blow off steam if/when things go poorly. I'll start.

Recently, I've been getting into the investing side of the industry and am currently looking to acquire cash flow properties such as rentals, storage units, etc. The plan is to build up passive income so I can run off to the mountains whenever I want! The area that I have been primarily focused on is the I35 corridor from San Antonio to the DFW metroplex, although I'm open to pretty much anything, anywhere, as long as the numbers work.

A little about myself, I am a RE agent in the San Antonio and Austin area that graduated from BU in '06. I try to get to as many Football and Basketball games as possible. Unfortunately, the last game I was able to attend was the 2020 basketball game @ WVU. Even though the outcome wasn't great, I highly recommend the trip If anyone is so inclined.

I'll be looking forward to talking shop with y'all. Sic 'em!

atomicblast
Sorry didnt see this until now. How long youve been in RE? Is it your main or side?
Ghostrider
I'm a silent investor is many different RE funds....I have 1 short term rental but with a mgt company I don't make a lot on it, plus dealing with renters can be a PITA. Interested to hear others that are in multi-family, etc.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Ghostrider said:

I'm a silent investor is many different RE funds....I have 1 short term rental but with a mgt company I don't make a lot on it, plus dealing with renters can be a PITA. Interested to hear others that are in multi-family, etc.
It has been a long time. Welcome back.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Ghostrider
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ghostrider said:

Thanks my friend. My 3 year ban was up.....and I had to kneel and kiss the ring
Stemperford
Ghostrider said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Ghostrider said:

Thanks my friend. My 3 year ban was up.....and I had to kneel and kiss the ring
Nice to hear
Re-Mapping the Page.
BCL79
Hey Colorado, I'm in BCS (Bride is prof at Bush School) and I've been doing RE since we located here in mid 2003. Mostly CRE since 2019. My firm is a smaller boutique commercial real estate full service brokerage. We've probably got 40 to 50 properties we manage as well as lease and a few more listings, sales and leases in mostly Brazos county.

I'm a big fan of NNN lease properties. What kind of CAP rate are you looking for? I try to keep an eye on the Waco market for stuff I might like ... but CRE is high in Waco. I've been looking at the SHC at Speight and 16th(?) Next to Vitek's, anyway. But it is too much for just me.

CAP rates are crazy low for top national tenants. The doom so many forecast for post COVID just hasn't happened .... which is good, unless you were figuring to steal a property. We did pretty well during COVID. Only lost three tenants and all were back filled pretty quick (Really lucky I think).

Contact me via DM and I'll give you my info, let's talk. And that goes for any of you CRE types out there.

AND, of course, if anyone is looking for a property, send me a DM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.