* * Longtime Dallas Radio Host Ron Chapman Passes Away

365 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While I wasnt able to do an interview with Ron, I got the next best thing, his best buddy Bud Buschardt who also recently passed away.

Thought some of you North Texans might enjoy this

https://memoriesofdallas.org/budbuschardt/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
R.I.P. ..A broadcasting legend has passed.
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sorry to hear.....

great career.

radio legend.

- BUmma
Scratchy Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The story may be somewhat apocryphal, but in the 1980s it was estimated that KVIL was worth more than the Dallas Cowboys. That's how powerful and revered he was (or how bad the Cowboys were).

Depending on who you asked, he was either a kind and generous soul, or the most callous SOB you ever encountered. He was probably some of both, but no doubt that he knew what made for successful radio. His style of management would never fly in this day and age, but anyone who didn't experience the golden days of KVIL would never understand how important and special the station was to that era in DFW.
Jokerman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for sharing, Assassin... Legendary stuff.
DFW media owes much to Chapman.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scratchy Bear said:

The story may be somewhat apocryphal, but in the 1980s it was estimated that KVIL was worth more than the Dallas Cowboys. That's how powerful and revered he was (or how bad the Cowboys were).

Depending on who you asked, he was either a kind and generous soul, or the most callous SOB you ever encountered. He was probably some of both, but no doubt that he knew what made for successful radio. His style of management would never fly in this day and age, but anyone who didn't experience the golden days of KVIL would never understand how important and special the station was to that era in DFW.
thats true. There was no inbetween on Ron
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jokerman said:

Thanks for sharing, Assassin... Legendary stuff.
DFW media owes much to Chapman.
Thanks Buddy. Hows that baby girl of yours? She came to one of our first Baylor luncheons
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Jokerman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Jokerman said:

Thanks for sharing, Assassin... Legendary stuff.
DFW media owes much to Chapman.
Thanks Buddy. Hows that baby girl of yours? She came to one of our first Baylor luncheons

Risking the danger of hijacking this thread (and when has that EVER been an issue for me?)

Brought the baby girl to the Cali Pizza luncheon, if memory serves. Maybe 2000 or 2001? Pea Weevil was smitten!
She's doing great... She just graduated from UMHB in December and is likely headed to grad school.
Feel old yet?
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jokerman said:

Assassin said:

Jokerman said:

Thanks for sharing, Assassin... Legendary stuff.
DFW media owes much to Chapman.
Thanks Buddy. Hows that baby girl of yours? She came to one of our first Baylor luncheons

Risking the danger of hijacking this thread (and when has that EVER been an issue for me?)

Brought the baby girl to the Cali Pizza luncheon, if memory serves. Maybe 2000 or 2001? Pea Weevil was smitten!
She's doing great... She just graduated from UMHB in December and is likely headed to grad school.
Feel old yet?
ha!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.