Garden 2021

1,120 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stemperford
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harvested our first squash today, Freckles and Chiffon. We also planted Straightneck and some Fordhook Zucchini which are setting like crazy. Lots of cucumbers setting now, including Calypso, Olympian, Beit Alpha. We planted 15 varieties of tomatoes and about 10 varieties of peppers.

We started 6,800 plants for spring and just sold the last of the extra plants today. Once they are all picked up, we are going to start another round in the greenhouse. I'll try to drop some pics when I get a chance.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Oh my! I planted zuc and my family laughs as each year before any set they are destroyed by the dreaded squash borer.

The number of plants you have is astounding!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I miss my garden
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Malbec
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

Oh my! I planted zuc and my family laughs as each year before any set they are destroyed by the dreaded squash borer.

The number of plants you have is astounding!
I have had a garden for a long time, but a couple of years ago we thought it would be fun to raise some plants and sell them to benefit our son's JROTC unit. Since then, the growing has taken on a life of its own and we now custom grow for some farmer's market vendors and we sell the extras to the neighbors (and give away a bunch to some Bears). We now looking for some new space to erect a few more greenhouses and get this operation out of my back yard so that I can concentrate on my own garden.
Gaiasports
Malbec said:

Harvested our first squash today, Freckles and Chiffon. We also planted Straightneck and some Fordhook Zucchini which are setting like crazy. Lots of cucumbers setting now, including Calypso, Olympian, Beit Alpha. We planted 15 varieties of tomatoes and about 10 varieties of peppers.

We started 6,800 plants for spring and just sold the last of the extra plants today. Once they are all picked up, we are going to start another round in the greenhouse. I'll try to drop some pics when I get a chance.
Very impressive! Wish I have one. Sure, I am so excited about your pictures.
Stemperford
I started on making a garden yesterday, It seems fine. I hope my plants will grow up beautiful.
Re-Mapping the Page.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.