ZZTOP bassist, Dusty Hill passes at 72

1,081 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Assassin
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ZZ TOP
BASSIST DUSTY HILL DEAD AT 72

7/28/2021 11:38 AM PT
ZZ Top's longtime bassist, Dusty Hill, has died ... TMZ has learned.

Dusty passed away at his home in Houston, TX -- this according to his bandmates, Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard.

They write, "We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX. We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the 'Top'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C." The boys add, "You will be missed greatly, amigo."

Unclear if Dusty's death is in any way related to another health scare he recently suffered -- namely, a hip injury that the band said he had to address in the past week or so, forcing him to bow out of a string of shows across the U.S. with his bandmates.
I'm a Bearbacker
MrGolfguy
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
KOKQB70
Great musician, icon, memories, RIP Dusty.
whitetrash
Jesus just left Chicago....but he's stopping to have a #2 dinner at Leo's on the way.
Assassin
RIP my Dusty brother
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
we sponsored ZZ Top at the 2019 50th reunion
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Booray
Damn
Jack Bauer
My first knowledge of ZZ Top was when I heard La Grange used as wrestler David Von Erich's intro song!
Stranger
Where ever he's gone, I hope they got a lotta nice girls there (ya'llknowhatI'mtalkin'abouthmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm)
I'm a Bearbacker
BellCountyBear
There was a good documentary about ZZ Top on tv recently. Wish I would have recorded it. They seem like really down to earth guys.
whitetrash
BellCountyBear said:

There was a good documentary about ZZ Top on tv recently. Wish I would have recorded it. They seem like really down to earth guys.
There's an excellent one on Netflix from 2019. May be the same one.
Assassin
We were one of the sponsors of the 2019 50th Reunion festival

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.