If You've seen Matt Damon's current flick "Stillwater" PM me.

1,325 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Assassin
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw it tonight. Not a great movie but a good one.

I had a kid squealing 3 rows back and I missed the key dialogue near the very end between Damon's character and the official of the court reporting the "DNA" that got his daughter released.

I'm missing a link to find out two sub-plot lines that I'd love to resolve.

PM me if youv'e seen it and are willing to fill in a few lines/details of the last 15 minutes of the flick.

Gaiasports
What are you going to do about it? Just asking
Re-Mapping the Page.
Stranger
SSadler said:

I had a kid squealing 3 rows back and I missed the key dialogue near the very end between Damon's character and the official of the court reporting the "DNA" that got his daughter released.

PM me if youv'e seen it and are willing to fill in a few lines/details of the last 15 minutes of the flick.

That's why we watch movies on our own tv . . . captions.

I'm getting deaf and captions help a bunch. Really good when they're speaking British and they're hard to understand anyway. Besides, in all of the movies these days characters mumble in a low breath half the time. Whatever happened to enunciation? John Ford didn't allow John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara to act that way.
I'm a Bearbacker
SSadler
Yeah, but Stranger, at our aid, we never know when we may reach the grave before the first run theater flicks reach the tube.

Stillwater is a 'flat' movie in that none of the primaries have much acting to do. But having invested a $20 bill in it, I don't want to wait until next year to find it somewhere to rent.

Baylorbears111
Stranger said:

SSadler said:

That's why we watch movies on our own tv . . . captions.

I'm getting deaf and captions help a bunch. Really good when they're speaking British and they're hard to understand anyway. Besides, in all of the movies these days characters mumble in a low breath half the time. Whatever happened to enunciation? John Ford didn't allow John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara to act that way.

Wife and I and the whole family use captions. None of us have hearing problems, but it is nice to know what was definitively said. Between Hollywood getting worse and worse at sound mixing and ambient noises like washing machines and children, it can be hard to tell what was said. Captions take away that pain.
SSadler
"Stillwater" only opened in AMC theaters July 30. Not yet available for inhome viewing with captions.

LIke I said, just an average flick that, for lack of competition and because it's Damon, will probably get award nominations.

Key scene is DNA evidence; DNA was a part of my teaching curriculum in the Honors Program back in the day. Just curious about the final dialogue that the sceaming brat in the theater ruined for most of us.

Assassin
Saw it the other day. Pretty hard to believe a oil rig worker can afford that many trips to France, much less all the other stuff
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.